Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do you Wave or Wave Back at other Tesla drivers on the road?

Do you Wave or Wave Back at other Teslas on the road?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[Also, tesla owners don't really have the same connnection to the actual car as a typical car enthusiast, which is what I think ties owners of other models together...

...For most tesla owners, the car is just a shiney new appliance. A talking point. For enthusiasts, its mostly just physical representation of what the company stands for, which is really what carries their attention and interest.[/QUOTE

I'm sorry but I have to respectfully disagree. I am a car enthusiast who has owned 3 Boxsters, 2 SLs an SLK and too many Miatas, Del Sols, BMW Zs and BMW 3 series convertibles to count. My Model X is the best car I've ever owned and I feel a deep connection to my car. I am very passionate about Tesla, SpaceX, the Boring Company, Elon's vision, etc. but I am also very passionate about Blue Leader, my own personal Model X 90D!!!

Thanks,

Andrew

I am a car enthusiast and have been a member of numerous car clubs over the years. When out driving cars like my Miatas, Z3s, Boxsters, etc, I would wave at other drivers of the same type of car and they would usually would wave back (as would I).

I have had my Model X now for just over a month. Recently, I have been taking to waving at other Tesla drivers but I don't see them waving back.

What do you guys do?
When I'm in California? No. Teslas are so common here you're a bit of a socially-awkward weirdo if you're waving to every other Tesla driver. When I'm in Wisconsin? Yes - they are very rare and so yes the "Hey aren't we special" wave/acknowledgment is still done. Had an S over driver over to me in a parking lot last month to talk Tesla - that never happens in California any more.

I live in a small town, so we don't see many Teslas here. I think sometimes when I see them I think I'm daydreaming, and when I realize I'm not I frantically break out into waves and flashing of lights. I think the tint makes it kind of hard to see. Add that to the fact that these cars are so fast, I'm zooming past before I can think to get the window down. Once, I did catch up to a model S, got in the other lane like a maniac, and put down the window just to say hi only to find out that the owner was a friend of a friend. Kind of funny. And embarrassing. But she smiled and waved as well, so it was all good and I don't think she thought I was crazy! :D

Typical Palo Alto morning commute. What you don't see are the other two teslas at the light, and then of course I'm taking the photo from my tesla. o_O

21DFC272-6AA0-4444-B620-4A87432D021C.jpg

Typical Palo Alto morning commute. What you don't see are the other two teslas at the light, and then of course I'm taking the photo from my tesla. o_O

21DFC272-6AA0-4444-B620-4A87432D021C.jpg
That's awesome. There are three newer Teslas in the relatively small one level parking garage where I park at work. The revolution is just getting started. Can't wait to see it start filling up with Model 3s.

I am a car enthusiast and have been a member of numerous car clubs over the years. When out driving cars like my Miatas, Z3s, Boxsters, etc, I would wave at other drivers of the same type of car and they would usually would wave back (as would I).

I have had my Model X now for just over a month. Recently, I have been taking to waving at other Tesla drivers but I don't see them waving back.

What do you guys do?

I'm a new Tesla MS owner of 3 months now, and either flash my high-beams or wave at passing Teslas with no reciprocation! WTH...buncha stuffed shirts?

I've ridden Harleys for 30 years and can recall less than a handful of times a passing Harley didn't acknowledge a 2 finger below the handle bar wave.

Harleys are way more common than Teslas.

I'm in Michigan and you'd think that we would acknowledge each other more because of the whole "anti-Tesla" legislation crap we have. Nope, I always wave and flash my high beams, but have only gotten one or two back. It could be that the demographic for the S and X in Michigan make for snobbier people.