Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Do your rear central vents blow equally?Sides Rear vents hot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey so being that its winter now been trying to determine best way to heat the rear cabin.
1. I'm finding the rear central vents(behind front center arm rest) do not blow equally, more Air comes out of the left vent is that normal?
2. If the heating mode is on auto and is going to the feet, Do the rear cabin get any air? Or does it only come through the front bottom vents?
3. Do the Side rear vents ever get really warm? They only seem to get mildly warm and are kind of an annoyance as you cant even turn them off manually if your in the rear. Are they working properly? Do they get hot for others? There is a separate temperature setting for back but doesn't even compare to front...Are you guys finding the same
4. Do your rear heated seats heat as well as your fronts? Finding fronts heat the bottom butt area but not back area. Backs heat both butt and back but not as hot.

Let me know what you guys think...Thanks

Under front seat vents are on either side of the base of the center console.
With rear climate off and front vents set to floor only there is warm(Ish) air blowing directly into the second row footwell. The center console second row vents get lots of hot air when the front dash vent setting is on.
Service just insulated the ductwork to the rear climate pillar vents and it is noticeably warmer now, though not hot like the center console vents, at least while sitting in my garage. I'll check it out during a drive in the cold and see if is enough to keep the rear passengers from complaining.
I had a P85+ while my car was in the shop. The S had much better back heating and was more balanced. I drove with the setting on 3 or 2. The X has much less back than bottom heating and so drove with the setting exclusively on 1 to avoid too much bottom heat.

[edit: found the lower console vents]

Last edited: