Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Documentation needed for Lightstream

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
how long does it take for you to get the money after approval? trying to time when I should schedule delivery.
After you are approved. You can sign and agree to the loan online (takes 5 minutes). And they’ll let you select a day to ACH or wire the money into your account for the unsecured loan. Prior to 11am pacific time, you can ACH same day I believe. And I’ve attached a screenshot of the funding page of mine that I took right now.

Attachments

• 9C04F4AE-3894-4973-9B77-C5B987A5BF64.jpeg
    9C04F4AE-3894-4973-9B77-C5B987A5BF64.jpeg
    344.4 KB · Views: 362
After you are approved. You can sign and agree to the loan online (takes 5 minutes). And they’ll let you select a day to ACH or wire the money into your account for the unsecured loan. Prior to 11am pacific time, you can ACH same day I believe. And I’ve attached a screenshot of the funding page of mine that I took right now.

Oh wow, so it's almost instant. Well not really...it takes a couple of days for the wire/ACH to go through.

How is the loan servicing from Lightstream? The fact that there are no phone numbers or contacts outside of the customer service email is a bit concerning. I've been trying to get them to beat a rate from Logix for the last day, but haven't had any response, nor do i have any way to contact them.

How is the loan servicing from Lightstream? The fact that there are no phone numbers or contacts outside of the customer service email is a bit concerning. I've been trying to get them to beat a rate from Logix for the last day, but haven't had any response, nor do i have any way to contact them.
It usually takes them a few hours to answer an email. Rate beats get approved by their underwriting team so they need to go through there before responding. They will call you or have you call if needed.

• Informative
Reactions: chickensworth
Can't yet speak to the servicing part, but I got approved by them yesterday in less than 30 mintues for 60 months at 3.69%. Rate Beat documentation took a bit longer. Yesterday, I also applied to Everence and was approved for 60 months at 2.49% (2.99% - 0.50% EV discount). I forwarded the pre-approval to LightStream, with the loan amount, terms and rate. Got Rate Beat approval about 2.5 hours later. They do require auto-pay, but no big deal. I should have the money in my account tomorrow. Overall, a good experience so far.

BTW, if you log on to your LightStream account and click Questions at the top, they show (866) 635-1330.

Last edited:
Can't yet speak to the servicing part, but I got approved by them yesterday in less than 30 mintues for 60 months at 3.69%. Rate Beat documentation was a bit trickier. Yesterday, I also applied to Everence and was approved for 60 months at 2.49% (2.99% - 0.50% EV discount). I forwarded the pre-approval email to LightStream

Yea, they really don't like preapproval emails. Try to push a lender for an approval letter

Last edited:
BTW, if you log on to your LightStream account and click Questions at the top, they show (866) 635-1330.

Thanks for the number. I'll have to call them tomorrow... i still haven't heard back on my rate beat request i sent them yesterday and was hoping i could pick up the car this weekend. Your rate is pretty darn good... i'm only getting down to 2.99.

Last edited:
I just went through the process with Xceed and Lightstream. The trick is to forward xceed’s email with the attached letter to lighstream. The email body should have the rate and the term while the letter will have the amount. Be explicit in your email to lightstream what you want: cite your loan application number, ask them to rate beat the autopay rate that xceed is giving you. It took me 3 rounds of emails to lightstream but i finally got the rate beat.

I just went through the process with Xceed and Lightstream. The trick is to forward xceed’s email with the attached letter to lighstream. The email body should have the rate and the term while the letter will have the amount. Be explicit in your email to lightstream what you want: cite your loan application number, ask them to rate beat the autopay rate that xceed is giving you. It took me 3 rounds of emails to lightstream but i finally got the rate beat.
but the body of my email doesn't state the terms at all. it just says PA letter for pre-approval.

in all honesty, the not accepting pre-approval letters is ridiculous. it's just semantics.

Ask xceed to provide you a letter with loan amount, term, rate with autopay, and purpose of loan (ie auto loan). I got all of these but the term and rate were in the email body, while the loan amount and purpose were in the letter. I think they intentionally do it this way because all Tesla (or any other dealer) cares for is the amount financed and purpose of financing.

but the body of my email doesn't state the terms at all. it just says PA letter for pre-approval.
Ask xceed to provide you a letter with loan amount, term, rate with autopay, and purpose of loan (ie auto loan). I got all of these but the term and rate were in the email body, while the loan amount and purpose were in the letter. I think they intentionally do it this way because all Tesla (or any other dealer) cares for is the amount financed and purpose of financing.

I have a letter with all the above. it just says pre-approval instead of approval. there's no way to ask them to remove the "pre" without raising suspicion.