Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dodge Circuit EV (Lotus Europa conversion)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last edited:
So the Dodge EV is not actually a Dodge car? Or does Dodge and Lotus have some relationship? I thought, when I first saw the Dodge EV, that it was a Viper. I didn't realize that it was a converted Lotus. Either way, I bet the Roadster would smoke both those cars :biggrin:.

-Shark2k

Yeah - there isn't much Dodge DNA in that EV. It is a new Lotus Europa with a UQM drivetrain. If they could price it a lot less than a Tesla it could have a nice market as a green image car for Chrysler. Seems that they may have trouble staying in business long enough to show us if they are serious about producing it.

Yeah - there isn't much Dodge DNA in that EV. It is a new Lotus Europa with a UQM drivetrain. If they could price it a lot less than a Tesla it could have a nice market as a green image car for Chrysler. Seems that they may have trouble staying in business long enough to show us if they are serious about producing it.

TEG, do you have a WAG what the Dodge Eropa may cost if by some chance Chrysler could pull it off?

Well, if they kept a fiberglass body, didn't lower the door sills, and used big company leverage one would think they could undercut Tesla.
But, I don't know what kind of batteries they plan to use, and if they did something like A123 instead of Tesla's complex ESS (which uses lower priced mass market laptop batteries), they might end up having a price problem just based on the batteries.

As the price of the Tesla Roadster has been going up, I hope Chrysler somehow pulls it off, because it would be nice to have an alternative.

VIDEO: Drag race between Dodge Challenger and Dodge EV - AutoblogGreen

Dodge EV takes to the streets - Autoblog

They're hiding the UQM bits under a CF lid this time. Remind me what part of this car is a Dodge again?

dodgeev---05.jpg

Well, Chrysler announced that at least ONE of the three EVs that debuted the other day would be produced within two years. At the Volt's pace, it should have been anouced by now which one it would be. Perhaps there will be a major announcement at the LA auto show or Detroit...although they are a bit late to the party as far as the Volt's production track is concerned.

Honestly, I'd like them to be able to pull it off, and I wouldn't be bothered except that it feels like they're being dishonest. I feel like this is a last minute stunt to make a play for a bailout.

Chrysler Fought Reality And Reality Lost | The Truth About Cars

Video: Dodge EV Smokes a Hemi, Sort Of | Autopia from Wired.com

Look at the photo at the bottom of the Wired article. It's like they're trying to hide the evidence:

Click for a larger image.

Can anyone make out the model and serial number on the label?

Last edited:
So what we are saying is that the efforts of RUF and Dodge/Lotus are what the home mechanic could achieve with a fat wallet.

Tesla, on the other hand shows that designing a single purpose car from the ground up can give you twice the performance of a retrofit.

Tesla, on the other hand shows that designing a single purpose car from the ground up can give you twice the performance of a retrofit.

The Tesla is by far the better car, but at its price, so it should be. Like GM, Chrysler is trying to develop an EV to sell at ICE prices, which was difficult enough even before everyone's costs started rising.

The Tesla is by far the better car, but at its price, so it should be. Like GM, Chrysler is trying to develop an EV to sell at ICE prices, which was difficult enough even before everyone's costs started rising.

I tried to find the price of the UQM PowerPhase 150 but didn't see it on the net. So now that we're saying Joe Neighbor can build one, what price for the following:

Lotus Glider;
UQM tration system;
Li-ion batters;
Other;
-------
TOATAL: $

Personally, I'm just happy to see the domestic market finally picking back up the electric powered vehicle development initiative that GM fobbed off with the EV1, a topic still wrought with much scandal and controversy.

I really don't care who does it or how it is done as long as the World finally realizes/understands that this is what we have/need to do, and then gets on with it, NOW! (But I do secretly hold out hope that the parent of the technology, Tesla, are the ones)

Once everyone's initiatives are oriented towards this goal, all obstacles/hurdles in the development aspect of this technology will dissolve.

Last edited: