Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does 2019.5.15 update have 5% power boost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How noticeable would 5% be anyway? If someone wasn't expecting this power update and got it in their car after, would they notice?

I think it'll be noticeable but not night-and-day. Sort of like the difference between having a passenger in your car vs. not. I expect it to be more noticeable during freeway passing maneuvers than off the line, but you never know.

When the update came out, there were a lot of reports at reddit to the effect of "Yeah I can definitely feel the difference! Much better off the line!" so I think if you EXPECT to feel a difference, you'll feel it whether it's there or not. :)

Thus far we have no actual evidence that the performance increase was part of this week's update. Hell I thought my P3D- seemed quicker past 50mph but the placebo effect is a powerful thing. Without a tweet from Elon or solid before/after measurements we have no way to be sure.

Reactions: zhu-
I think it'll be noticeable but not night-and-day. Sort of like the difference between having a passenger in your car vs. not. I expect it to be more noticeable during freeway passing maneuvers than off the line, but you never know.

When the update came out, there were a lot of reports at reddit to the effect of "Yeah I can definitely feel the difference! Much better off the line!" so I think if you EXPECT to feel a difference, you'll feel it whether it's there or not. :)

Thus far we have no actual evidence that the performance increase was part of this week's update. Hell I thought my P3D- seemed quicker past 50mph but the placebo effect is a powerful thing. Without a tweet from Elon or solid before/after measurements we have no way to be sure.

Placebo is no joke :)

During an acceleration today, I thought "this feels a bit faster than normal for a 40% SOC battery, maybe I already got the 5%?"

If you told me I did I'd probably be pretty content too lol.

I too have noticed an increase in power & acceleration on my P3D stealth. Butterflies have come back again like the first day i drove it off the lot. ;) The last couple months the car didn't feel as fast as before. Just assumed that i've gotten so used to it now.
It didn't even occur to me that the new update may have included the 5% bump so no placebo affect here.

Placebo effect?

Placebo effect?

Comes from the medical term where your body starts to heal, or you start to feel better, when you *think* you are getting a treatment even if you aren't getting a treatment (for example you've taken a sugar pill).

In this case, if you get a software update and expect there to be more performance, your brain might tell you the car is faster.

But until we have some new instrumented tests on cars that were previously tested before the update, we have no way to be sure.