Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does 24" bike fit inside Model Y with one seat up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I assume you mean a 24 inch wheel bike. Should be easy, especially if you take the front wheel off. I put my sons small 27.5 inch wheel bike in the trunk of our Model 3 all the time. I have to take both wheels off but can leave all the seats up.

Thanks, that helps. We are able to fit our daughter’s 24” wheel bike in the Model S without removing wheels and still keep one rear seat up. I was hoping the Y could do it too but maybe not since it is a full 9 inches shorter in overall length compared to the S. The Y would carry bikes with ease with a tow hitch though. I am reluctant to install a hitch on our S.

On paper the Y has more maximum cargo capacity than the S, 68 vs 60 cubic feet, but it’s also the shape of cargo. I love how the sub trunk is over 36 inches wide on the S so I can store foldable camping chairs and a tent beneath the trunk, but long items such as these won’t fit in the Y’s subfloor. I originally considered going from S to X but the new ones are hard to justify the price. Trying to see if I’d be happy going from S to Y. I like the utility and faster charging of the Y, but also prefer the dual screens, dedicated AP stalk, extra cup holders, and free Supercharging on our S.

we put hitches on both our S and 3 and love the ease of our 1up bike rack. I’m only putting my son‘s bike in the trunk today to carry 3 others on the hitch rack.

Personally I like our 2018 3 better than our 2014 S though my wife disagrees. I don’t think a new S will come with free supercharging.

we put hitches on both our S and 3 and love the ease of our 1up bike rack. I’m only putting my son‘s bike in the trunk today to carry 3 others on the hitch rack.

Personally I like our 2018 3 better than our 2014 S though my wife disagrees. I don’t think a new S will come with free supercharging.
How long have you had the hitch on your S and 3, @tpoltron? I know it's a pain to check, but are you worried about galvanic corrosion between the steel hitch and aluminum body? Another poster had to remove his bumper for another reason and found corrosion where the frame contacted the S body. The possibility of hidden damage has me on the fence. I wonder how Tesla addresses this with the tow hitch on a Y or X.

How long have you had the hitch on your S and 3, @tpoltron? I know it's a pain to check, but are you worried about galvanic corrosion between the steel hitch and aluminum body? Another poster had to remove his bumper for another reason and found corrosion where the frame contacted the S body. The possibility of hidden damage has me on the fence. I wonder how Tesla addresses this with the tow hitch on a Y or X.

Not worried about the 3 as it’s steel on steel. 7 years on the S and fine so far. I‘d be more concerned if it wasnt garaged and living in warm, dry California. Supposedly the newer Ecohitches come with hitch/body isolation.