TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Does 3G work in Malta? (and how can I change the SIM card/APN settings in the car)

Discussion in 'Technical' started by 420weblazeit, Aug 15, 2014.

1. 420weblazeit

420weblazeit Banned

I'm thinking of bringing over a few scrapped vehicles into Malta (which are already used, before you comment saying that I intend on evading Maltese taxes - these cars would already be legitimately used. I was asking about changing mileage for a new import which would be too expensive otherwise) and would like to know if the US or European cars' 3G would work on the island as it is in the EU?

If not, is there any guide on how one can change the APN/SIM card to support 3G/navigation in an unsupported country?

2. seanp

seanp Member

Hi - 3G and 4G work very well all over Malta and Gozo. I've been using Vodafone Malta for the last few months, both with a PAYG SIM and roaming with my UK iPhone. My PAYG SIM was priced at €10 at the Vodafone store but when I did a €50 top-up they gave me the SIM at no charge.

Cheers
    Sean

3. J1mbo

J1mbo Member

Forgive my curiosity, but what do you want an officially scrapped car for, in a market where you cannot get any support from Tesla to fix it up or get it running?