Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does 60D Leasing only last until September 30th?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received this email a week or so ago and did not pay that much attention as to what it said. Planning on ordering a 60D at the end of August and am confused over what this means. "We are extending our leasing program for Model S 60, Model S 60D and Model X 60D, now through September 30th. " Does this mean that I have to order before September 30th to qualify for the ability to lease, or does the car need to be delivered before September 30th?

Thank You,
Daniel

I know when the leasing program was going to end at the end of June, I was told explicitly that you just needed to order the vehicle by the date to be included in the lease program. I think there is a limit to how long you can delay your delivery beyond that date, but Tesla would have the specifics on that.

The lease as it stands is way too overpriced. The only good lease on model S are loaded demo P90 cars with roughly 5k miles. Tesla I believe has 30 % off deals on those leases. You would end up paying $1,050 a month for a $125k MSRP car, which is a descent deal for those of course who can afford it.

In the case of a base 60d with leather and autopilot I found that I would be paying $900 a month! To top it off the drive off is close to $7,000, also very expensive for a lease

I really considered leasing a S waiting for the 3.. But when I realized that the cost of leasing a base S for 3 years was $35k.. I am looking into leasing a BMW now for a small fraction of the cost for 24 months.

Just use a lease calculator, Plug in 65 % residual as you would find on a BMW 5 series and $7.500 tax credit, you will quickly realize that the so called "deal" is a rip off.