TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Does a CPO warranty transfer

Discussion in 'Model S' started by hoops129, Jul 11, 2019.

1. hoops129

hoops129 Member

I'm looking to buy from a private seller who showed me an invoice from Tesla that he bought it 6 months ago. It is a 2015 Model S that had 10,000 miles. So I assume he was given 4 yr or 50,000 mi extension on that? So does that mean if I buy, I will get the remainder of that warranty which would be 3.5yr or 49,000 miles (he only drove it 1000 miles)?

2. Tam

Tam Well-Known Member

"Ownership Transfer
    This Tesla Used Vehicle Limited Warranty is transferable at no cost to any person(s) who subsequently and lawfully assume(s) ownership of the vehicle after the first used vehicle purchaser within the described limitations of this Tesla Used Vehicle Limited Warranty (“subsequent purchaser”)."

• Informative x 1
  3. hoops129

hoops129 Member

That's good to know. I guess the CPO does not extend the battery warranty though, right? So buying a 2015 car, I would still only have until 2023 even though it was just bought CPO only 6 months ago.

4. iqless

iqless Member

That is correct.