Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does a loan through Tesla Financing Appear on your Credit Bureau (in Canada)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I am considering a Tesla purchase and would like to finance through Tesla. For those that have done this, I am wondering if the Tesla loan shows up as a regular auto loan on your credit report (either Equifax or Transunion)? I know there will be a hard hit to get approved for the loan, but once you take out the loan, I read in some U.S. forums that the loans are not reported on the credit bureau, unless there is a late payment? I am wondering if this is true in Canada also.

Thanks!

Any loan through Tesla will be held by one of their financing partners. It will be with one of the following: RBC, BMO and Scotiabank. So yes, it will show up as an auto loan through one of those banks. There is a pinned thread at the top of this particular forum regarding Financing Tesla Vehicles in Canada where you can search for lots of info about the lending process.

Any loan through Tesla will be held by one of their financing partners. It will be with one of the following: RBC, BMO and Scotiabank. So yes, it will show up as an auto loan through one of those banks. There is a pinned thread at the top of this particular forum regarding Financing Tesla Vehicles in Canada where you can search for lots of info about the lending process.
Thank you for this info!