Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does adding FSD reset the price of the car (to current pricing)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Model Y LR on order, and it was ordered back when the price was much lower.

I'm thinking about clicking the button to add FSD. But I don't want the price of the car to jump up to the current pricing.

For those who have clicked the button - did it bump up the pricing?

(So far, I've heard it both ways. I spoke with an SA, and he said it won't bump it up, but this forum is full of examples of misinformed SA's.)

1642225300229.png

Thanks!

With that data point in mind, I just added FSD to my order, and confirmed that it didn't bump up the price of the vehicle.
We’ll it did bump up the price, $10k. Honestly FSD isn’t worth $10k, I’d use the $199 subscription before I bought to see if it was worth it before dropping $10k.
I got it on my S a few years ago for $5k and still think it’s overpriced at that price point.

Is that confirmed? I thought software you could add/remove without any price resets.
Don’t have any personal experience but this user hit price increase when they deleted FSD and tried to add it again.

And this user:

Reactions: preilly44
Yeah, I definitely agree that it isn’t worth $10k for most people. I already have FSD on another car and even have FSD beta, so I know its capabilities well and I think I have a good idea of how close city street FSD is to prime time (which is not close at all).

In my situation there are two factors: my wife has gotten used to auto lane change and really wants it and I’m a serious gadget head so I ordered it. But I agree that for most people it’s not worth it.

Don’t have any personal experience but this user hit price increase when they deleted FSD and tried to add it again.

And this user:

I thought you were allowed one add and one removal.