Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does any else regret buying a Model X?

Do you regret buying a Model X!

• Yes

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • No

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • Have not received my Model X

Votes: 45 63.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He is all over the place in TMC, & TM, I glance at his post and just let it pass. The only place you don't see him is in the TM private posts:D. He chants the same language like a poojari ( Priest) whenever THE OWNER writes an honest post in distress. Like MikeJr74 mentioned look at his signature, you will sing the FROZEN song...let it go..let it go...so pathetic.

LOL, I don't have young kids so hadn't seen that movie and it made for a very pleasant musical interlude this morning

The Service Manager responsible for Tampa and Orlando contacted me as promised. He is having the parts expressed from Freemont and they should arrive Wednesday. In the meantime they are going to do a complete inspection of the entire car to make sure there aren't other issues. He also offered me compensation for all the problems and inconvenience I have experienced. He plans on getting a status daily and I will get a call from the SC in Orlando each day. He is hoping to have the car back to me by Thursday.

And THAT's the level of service we have come to expect from our SCs. I hope they get you back to enjoying your new ride

The delay is of 2 years....I don't know what your expectations were when you ordered a new product with extraordinary new features.

I think that generally people expect that a $150k car that has been delayed by 2 years in order to get things right (or whatever the PR said about the delays at the time) has gone through rigorous testing and quality checks before being released. Toyota did this when they went up market with the LS400 to compete with Mercedes and stake out a claim in the luxury market.

If you wanted a perfect car maybe you should have purchased a Model S since Tesla has perfected it over the years.

Funny. Talk to CR about how "perfect" the MS is. Fast, yes. Safe, yes. Fit and finish, quality and "perfect", uhhhh...

I think that generally people expect that a $150k car that has been delayed by 2 years in order to get things right (or whatever the PR said about the delays at the time) has gone through rigorous testing and quality checks before being released. Toyota did this when they went up market with the LS400 to compete with Mercedes and stake out a claim in the luxury market.

Funny. Talk to CR about how "perfect" the MS is. Fast, yes. Safe, yes. Fit and finish, quality and "perfect", uhhhh...
Tesla has said that delay in X launch was because they were dealing with the problems with electric propulsion technology. Most of their resources were taken up by the problems in Model S. The difference in our perspectives is due to this reason. I won't consider any analogy from any other car manufacturers as none of the cars made by them comes even close to the engineering marvel that Model X is.
CR review was about earlier Model S's. Just like early X are having problems, early S had too.

I won't consider any analogy from any other car manufacturers as none of the cars made by them comes even close to the engineering marvel that Model X is.

I guess it depends on what people think they are getting for $150k.
Some people want an "engineering marvel"
Some people want a vehicle that doesn't have so many problems.

My friend had a Ferrari that was a beast of a car, but service was hugely expensive, even an oil change. He thought that was a small price and inconvenience for that "engineering marvel".

I think the X was a distraction and possibly a mistake for Tesla. If they want to promote EV and get to mass market, they needed to build that DNA and culture in the company, not the DNA of a niche "engineering marvel", with "ludicrous" and "plaid" modes that can throw money at the problems they have in servicing the cars.

Darryl: As I mentioned on a similar thread on the TM site, I am sorry to hear about this situation. I hope this situation gets addressed and fixed asap.

I have always found my local SC to be very professional and their work is exemplary.

Please keep us 'in the loop' about how TM handles the situation. I suspect they will resolve it and you will be happy with the X even if this situation has lessened the delivery part of the overall experience.

I guess it depends on what people think they are getting for $150k.
Some people want an "engineering marvel"
Some people want a vehicle that doesn't have so many problems.

My friend had a Ferrari that was a beast of a car, but service was hugely expensive, even an oil change. He thought that was a small price and inconvenience for that "engineering marvel".

I think the X was a distraction and possibly a mistake for Tesla. If they want to promote EV and get to mass market, they needed to build that DNA and culture in the company, not the DNA of a niche "engineering marvel", with "ludicrous" and "plaid" modes that can throw money at the problems they have in servicing the cars.
The problems with X are going to decrease as time passes. Just look at Model S. And any new product faces some problems in the initial batches. It's not limited to X only.
They are a premium car maker. Even the Model 3 will a premium mass market car. Please don't confuse them with Honda or Toyota. People pay a premium for Tesla cars because of Ludicrous mode etc. And they will be doing that for FWD etc too in case of X. These high margin products allow Tesla to reinvest in R&D so that even its mass market car will be exceptional. We are going witness the helplessness of GM/Bolt very soon IMHO due to this very reason.

The Service Manager responsible for Tampa and Orlando contacted me as promised. He is having the parts expressed from Freemont and they should arrive Wednesday. In the meantime they are going to do a complete inspection of the entire car to make sure there aren't other issues. He also offered me compensation for all the problems and inconvenience I have experienced. He plans on getting a status daily and I will get a call from the SC in Orlando each day. He is hoping to have the car back to me by Thursday.

A shame you couldn't get that level of service from your Service Advisor. Hopefully TM takes this to heart and educates their staff to all give the level of support a $80K+ vehicle purchase deserves. That said, as I have said elsewhere the limited contact I have had with my service advisor and technician in Springfield, NJ has been excellent, but I seem to be the rare bird with an almost flawless Sig X experience. I hope also that the production X's and those poor souls still awaiting Sigs get quality and service like I have experienced to date. WIth the Model Ξ on the horizon, literally the world is watching Tesla so they have to stop screwing up.

They are a premium car maker. Even the Model 3 will a premium mass market car. Please don't confuse them with Honda or Toyota.

Premium pricing doesn't necessarily mean a premium car. Most buyers of the MS come from significantly cheaper cars and only 13% said they would have bought a more expensive car if they didn't buy a Tesla.

I am not confusing them with a Honda or Toyota, since Toyota is well known for their reliability so there is no confusion that Tesla has a high bar to compete on that basis and a lot of catching up to do. And as for price, a Camry Hybrid starts at $27k and a Model 3 after rebates around $27k.

These high margin products allow Tesla to reinvest in R&D so that even its mass market car will be exceptional.

You are missing the point. They have raised a boat load of money, invested that in R&D, and yet they haven't been able to produce a niche car without significant support issues. How exactly do they then pivot from there in 20 months or so to create a mass market product that competes with the high level of reliability of a "lowly" Toyota and make money along the way (vs. spending a lot to service the issues they have with the car)?

I think the MX is a big diversion from that goal - there are only so many fronts that a company can compete on and more importantly, the type of company they build, the culture, the DNA is hard to switch to a very different front (e.g. niche player, tech marvel, high service to resolve problems -> mass market, lower margin, service-lite vehicles).

Last edited:
Premium pricing doesn't necessarily mean a premium car. Most buyers of the MS come from significantly cheaper cars and only 13% said they would have bought a more expensive car if they didn't buy a Tesla.

I am not confusing them with a Honda or Toyota, since Toyota is well known for their reliability so there is no confusion that Tesla has a high bar to compete on that basis and a lot of catching up to do. And as for price, a Camry Hybrid starts at $27k and a Model 3 after rebates around $27k.
Definitions doesn't matter. What matters is which company is able to make people pay a premium for its cars. It doesn't matter where the buyers of Model S came from. There money is as real as everyone else's. Model S is continuously improving it's reliability which is great achievement for such an extraordinary car from a young company.
Camry Hybrid, Bolt, Leaf etc won't matter. That's the point here. Model 3 is a affordable car from a premium car maker while Bolt/Camry is a costly car from a affordable car maker. Desirability and brand image of Tesla is going to cause a lot of pain to these companies very soon.

Right before Tesla started the big push to deliver several thousand cars by the end if March I read an article saying that Tesla was going to be delivering cars just to people in California so the cars would be close to the factory if any issues needed to be resolve. I thought the reporter had to be wrong as I was getting my car and it was being delivered to Florida.

Within a few days I started to notice everyone who was reporting they were getting VINs were people who were taking delivery in CA and who ordered 90D's with at the premium and autopilot options. It looks like within the first three days of March they gave out about 1000 VINs in a row to people taking delivery in CA. They then on about the 4th of March went back to giving VINs to cars going throughout the country .

Personally I think giving out VINs to cars going to CA so they would be close to Fremont is a valid point. Based on my experience, I have found the SCs don't stock parts. So every time there is an issue with a part they have to wait 3-4 days just for the replacement part to arrive.This isn't the case in CA, the time is cut to 1-2 days. So it isn't the fact that cars going to CA are close to the plant it is more they are close to the parts depot at the plant.

I think another key factor was the end of the quarter was approaching and it takes less time to deliver a car to people in CA than anywhere else. The transportation time is greatly reduced. If they were going to make their quarterly goals regarding number of cars delivered it was best to deliver as many as they could to people who were taking delivery in CA and better than that the factory.

Right before Tesla started the big push to deliver several thousand cars by the end if March I read an article saying that Tesla was going to be delivering cars just to people in California so the cars would be close to the factory if any issues needed to be resolve. I thought the reporter had to be wrong as I was getting my car and it was being delivered to Florida.

Within a few days I started to notice everyone who was reporting they were getting VINs were people who were taking delivery in CA and who ordered 90D's with at the premium and autopilot options. It looks like within the first three days of March they gave out about 1000 VINs in a row to people taking delivery in CA. They then on about the 4th of March went back to giving VINs to cars going throughout the country .

Personally I think giving out VINs to cars going to CA so they would be close to Fremont is a valid point. Based on my experience, I have found the SCs don't stock parts. So every time there is an issue with a part they have to wait 3-4 days just for the replacement part to arrive.This isn't the case in CA, the time is cut to 1-2 days. So it isn't the fact that cars going to CA are close to the plant it is more they are close to the parts depot at the plant.

I think another key factor was the end of the quarter was approaching and it takes less time to deliver a car to people in CA than anywhere else. The transportation time is greatly reduced. If they were going to make their quarterly goals regarding number of cars delivered it was best to deliver as many as they could to people who were taking delivery in CA and better than that the factory.
@Darryl I read a few weeks ago that California lawmakers were trying to reduce the tax credit for EVs after March 15th. Maybe, Tesla saw this had a good possibility of becoming law and tried to support the existing buyers in California.

I had added Ankit to my IGNORE LIST but it looks like when they upgraded the software this may have been lost. If you follow ANKIT you will find he responds to almost every post, no matter the subject and he portrays himself as an expert on everything but he has no experience and has never owned a Tesla, has never even put down a reservation on a Tesla and owns no Tesla stock. I doubt if he has even ridden in a Tesla.

Most of us on this forum have gone through the pain of waiting 2-3 years for a special car, with one delay after another. Have supported Tesla even though the unfair way Tesla treats it customers like the unfair way they handled the orders with allowing people who just placed an order to go ahead of people who reserved years ago.

ANKIT can't relate to this as he has NO SKIN IN THE GAME. I have said this before.

When I posted the problems I was having, I wasn't asking for sympathy, I was hopefully conveying what I was experiencing so other's may learn from my experience. My experience is no value to ANKIT so I don't understand why he even responds. Knowing ANKIT from his 231 useless posts I found his response insulting.

I guess he has nothing better to do in his life but bug us. Everyone has their own opinion but he is just so ignoring and I think he likes it when people criticize him. He is just a sad sad person.

@Darryl I read a few weeks ago that California lawmakers were trying to reduce the tax credit for EVs after March 15th. Maybe, Tesla saw this had a good possibility of becoming law and tried to support the existing buyers in California.
@MikeJr74 i think you are right. I believe they are reducing it and the average Tesla owner will not qualify because they make too much money.

I like your new car, the blue looks great. When am I going to get a ride?

By the way, the Tampa Tesla manager promised me the supervisor from Orlando would call me each day to give me a status. As promised he called me today and gave me an update, the part for my car is expected in the morning at which point they will install it and will take the car back to my Detailer.If they can get the car to the detailer by Wednesday I should be able to pick the car up by Saturday.

To add someone to your IGNORE LIST you click on your avatar or go into your settings. There will be an option for PEOPLE I IGNORE. By adding someone to your list you never see anything they post. There are people on the forum who only post negative posts. There are people known to post just to rile people up. You all know who these people are. By adding them to your ignore list you never have to hear/see their crap. It helps me keep my blood prasure down.

• Informative
Reactions: M0DEL³ and SMSMD
@MikeJr74 i think you are right. I believe they are reducing it and the average Tesla owner will not qualify because they make too much money.

By the way, the Tampa Tesla manager promised me the supervisor from Orlando would call me each day to give me a status. As promised he called me today and gave me an update, the part for my car is expected in the morning at which point they will install it and will take the car back to my Detailer.If they can get the car to the detailer by Wednesday I should be able to pick the car up by Saturday.
@Darryl that is wonderful news and hope it is the last you see of the Orlando SC. I know where not to take my car.

Maybe we can go to the Cape and make a few high speed runs in each of our vehicles. Think you could arrange that? lol. I'll PM you when I have the car in state.

Excellent!