Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Anybody Else 'Wave' ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I was a youngster (a loooong time ago) I had an Austin Healy. Back then, it seemed that all 'sports cars' waved as they passed each other. Then I had 5 different Corvettes over the years, Still did the wave thing for over thirty years.

Now I have a Tesla, and I find myself still doing the wave when I see another Tesla on the road. Does anyone else do this?

Reactions: Oparide
I have not waved at other Teslas or seen them wave at me, but I used to wave at Miatas when I first started driving them back in 2000. Those waving days mostly stopped, but will probably pick up again now that there aren't too many NA Miatas on the road. I honked and talked to an NA driver yesterday while driving my Model S.

When I was a youngster (a loooong time ago) I had an Austin Healy. Back then, it seemed that all 'sports cars' waved as they passed each other. Then I had 5 different Corvettes over the years, Still did the wave thing for over thirty years.

Now I have a Tesla, and I find myself still doing the wave when I see another Tesla on the road. Does anyone else do this?

I did the wave when I had my E39 M5, because it was a relatively rare car and knew that most folks wouldn’t buy it unless they had an enthusiast mindset.

If I see a pretty heavily modified Tesla, I might wave, but I don’t bother with base model 3/Y or S. I think of it as equivalent to waving at a Camry.

i wave to motorcycles when riding the Harley. But to wave to another car seem asinine, and there are so many teslas on the road now it is like waving to a honda.
3 years ago when i moved here i had the only/first tesla in the town now there are about 3 dozen of them, and my town is only like 5k people.
so no i don't think waving to a stranger in a car is something worth doing.
Also people need to stop calling tesla a sports car or a luxury car its just a car.

Have to admit I get the urge to wave, or just nod. If only we had a secret sign, or something we could say into the voice recognition and that triggered a very brief lightshow!
I ride a motorcycle. Most bikers wave to other bikers. I owned a couple of Corvettes, sometimes they wave to each other. So, one day I was driving our 1995 GLE Nissan Maxima and saw another, same color and trim! I waved. Embarrassing 😳, got snubbed. I've never had an urge to acknowledge another Tesla, but I do look.

Reactions: glovelace
I ride a motorcycle. Most bikers wave to other bikers. I owned a couple of Corvettes, sometimes they wave to each other. So, one day I was driving our 1995 GLE Nissan Maxima and saw another, same color and trim! I waved. Embarrassing 😳, got snubbed. I've never had an urge to acknowledge another Tesla, but I do look.
Well, I ride a bicycle and just pretty much nod when I pass another biker. When I pass another Plaid I want to give him a thumbs up, but it’s usually too late to respond. 😁