Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does Anybody Else 'Wave' ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nobody is waving at me🤷‍♂️🥺....I’ve done a survey...and of the last 427 Teslas that I waved at...none waved back🥺😱...done get me wrong, I don’t expect any S or X to wave back (I mean..they are important people)...but not even 3 RWD wave back !!...and I can’t afford to not wave in case the other Tesla thinks, typical snooty Long Range

Reactions: glovelace
In 2015, I would see maybe one other Tesla every month or two. We waved. My wife and I would play "Punch Tesla".

In 2023, I counted 11 Teslas driving by at the airport while my wife was getting something out of her bag. Nobody waves. "Punch Tesla" would cause severe bruising.
I could never do that....trying to teach the wife only to punch the arm wouldn’t work 🤔😳

Now I have a Tesla, and I find myself still doing the wave when I see another Tesla on the road. Does anyone else do this?
I live down in Silver City, NM. I would wave (and honk) if I drove by another Tesla. So far, no joy. In the last two years I've seen a total of four other Teslas here. Two of them had out of state plates. Three of the four were parked. I saw the fourth driving by while I was walking on the sidewalk.

The first time I saw a Tesla in person was when mine was delivered almost two years ago.

Nobody is waving at me🤷‍♂️🥺....I’ve done a survey...and of the last 427 Teslas that I waved at...none waved back🥺😱...done get me wrong, I don’t expect any S or X to wave back (I mean..they are important people)...but not even 3 RWD wave back !!...and I can’t afford to not wave in case the other Tesla thinks, typical snooty Long Range
I drive an S and I wave to 3/Y. Few wave back.