TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Does anybody know how to make next gen passenger seat move further to the rear?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by jbcarioca, Jan 20, 2016.

1. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Coral Gables, FL
    My regular passenger wants her seat to move further back so she can stretch her feet on long trips. My service center adviser says that it us not possible to adjust the seat to permit more space for the front passenger. Somehow I cannot think that 'not possible' is the only answer.

Does anybody here have a solution?

2. jaguar36

jaguar36 Member

Sure, pretty simple. Take the battery out, cut out a chunk of the floor pan where the seats mount, move it back 6" or whatever, and weld it back in. Probably want to put some extra reinforcement in there too.

Ohh and keep in mind that the side impact air bags won't work properly too.

3. green1

green1 Active Member

I'm pretty sure that the controls on the side of the seat pretty much show you what's possible, there's no super-secret button hidden somewhere that allows you to move the seats any further than the controls otherwise allow.

If you REALLY wanted to do something else, it will require extensive, and expensive, work to modify the seat and/or mounting points, and is not guaranteed to be as safe as the current implementation.

4. jbcarioca

jbcarioca Active Member

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Coral Gables, FL
    just as simple as I expected.:tongue: