Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anybody know how to silence this creak? 2022 M3 Passenger door plastic cup-holder area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From what I've seen before I wasn't able to find any other threads similar to this, although this seems like a problem others have seen before (so please let me know if there is already a solution for this), but is anybody aware of this type of rattle/creak? I hear it when accelerating/decelerating at low speeds and whenever I hit minute bumps. I've mostly ruled out any cables under the chair and it really seems to me like it's an issue with this door plastic...
Here are videos of the creaking:

IMG_1430.MOV

IMG_1432.MOV

I have had a creaking/crackling sound since day one in my 2022 M3. Extremely annoying and seems to coming from the rear of the cabin. Have played around with positioning the rear seats to no avail. Still searching for the source of this sound. Any suggestions would be most welcome except to remove the back panels of the seats.

Upvote 0
I have had a creaking/crackling sound since day one in my 2022 M3. Extremely annoying and seems to coming from the rear of the cabin. Have played around with positioning the rear seats to no avail. Still searching for the source of this sound. Any suggestions would be most welcome except to remove the back panels of the seats.
I'm not sure about creaks coming from the back, but if you could have someone hold parts of it down while you drive on an empty road then that could help you diagnose the issue

Upvote 0