Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anybody recognize this Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wayner

Oct 29, 2014
Toronto
It is supposed to be located in Toronto, Ontario but to my eyes it appears to have a Texas Vehicle inspection sticker (the blue bordered sticker looks like stickers I have seen on Texas based cars). The licence plates have been photoshopped to be Very Orange but it appears that the car does have front plates.

orange roadster 3.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

To reply to my own thread - this is the same car that was sold on eBay a week ago. It was mentioned in this thread and was sold by orangeroadsterdc and bought by moezilla. Methinks someone is perpetrating a fraud.

I have seen two roadster scams in the last six months. But I have only recently joined here. I have seen that a lot with vintage Porsche 911s. There are a lot of buyers who think they are taking advantage of a widow who does not know that the cars have quadrupled in value in the last ten years, so greed takes over and the send the money to be first in line.

It's a bummer how often this happens, but it's typically very shortly after a REAL Roadster is sold. My guess, is they take the VIN and other information from the original sale, as well as the photos, and attempt to scam. In THIS one's case, it's a blatant copy and paste. How disgusting!