Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anybody regret buying Model X for your main car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my experience, all of my ICE cars had some sort of 'brake grinding', which is normal - especially after sitting for a while. The beauty of no ICE is how quiet the car is (when going very slow)... the drawback is that we now are able to hear all the funky noises that all the other parts of the vehicle make without being drowned out by the ICE noise.

I live in a wetter climate, and therefore my discs are oftentimes coated with some oxidation when sitting in my garage after driving in the rain... so when I back out of the garage, if you didn't know what was causing the noise, it could be unnerving. As stated, it goes away shortly after starting to drive... so it's no biggie and completely normal. Usually just braking down my steep driveway is enough to make it go away.

Much of what @markinsf says is spot-on. I also came from an Audi (A6), so the X had big shoes to fill! It does so very well... and I don't miss the Audi at all after a year (almost exactly).

The only thing I would disagree on is the seats. Although clearly not as comfortable as the Audi's, they are pretty close. At least mine are... I've read many posts where people hate the seats. Not sure why mine would be different... but I'm 6"4" and 280# so maybe I squish into the seat better? Dunno. But they are quite comfortable for me.

Edit: In regards to the FWD's... I use mine quite a lot, and absolutely no problems. I love them! So much easier for those getting in the 3rd row.

My only regret is buying the car in November. I thought I was being savvy and buying before losing the tax credit.
The same car is now 15K less than what I paid.
Factoring in the tax credit, I'm still losing by 12K.
What other company cuts the value of their merchandise so severely?
I'm pretty PO'ed and likely will not buy another Tesla.

If the price had gone up by a grand the day after you bought it, would you send Tesla a thousand dollars? If not, then why would you expect Tesla to do that?

Look, let's face it - this whole "closing the stores, dropping prices" was just a way for Tesla to have a sale. Now the prices are increasing again.

Unfortunately, you missed the sale. Most people did (or will)

• Love
Reactions: Peteybabes
Wow! And I thought I was good at fitting things in my X! You put my five sets of kids golf clubs, tennis racquets and bags, and pool supplies for seven (with all seven seats full) to shame.
Depends on what your using it for I suppose?

Third row up you still have enough boot space for x2 full sized suitcases and also the frunk + space under the seats.

38334131402_a53bd25da6_z_d.jpg

I've also been able to fit x4 22inch wheels+tyres in our 6 seater whilst still having enough space to fit the kid seat for nursery pick up!!! Oh and I've managed to fit a fully built toddler/kids bed.

Regardless of seating option, you will not be short of space in the X, and with the rear FWDs loading stuff is easy.

27747707407_cc74e03f51_z_d.jpg

41948823955_854bd05140_z_d.jpg