Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone drove after expired temporary plates ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Appreciate your response, I don’t think they submitted anything yet as the cop who pulled me over said he didn’t see any registration in his database.
The database would only show your registration if it is fully completed. If it is in progress in the DMV (for example on someone's desk) it likely won't show up. So you can't just assume.

Tesla finally got back to me with a UPS tracking # which was just added today and doesn’t have an ETA for delivery. So, I don’t think they submitted anything until today. They also said they would cover the cost of the ticket once it is paid.

Fingers crossed everything gets settled and I can enjoy the car. Even if this shouldn’t have happened in the first place…

Plates and registration arrived yesterday, so appreciate Tesla quickly resolving the issue. Although it’s quite annoying they needed me to reach out to do this…

Hoping the ticket resolution goes as smoothly.

In the meantime I can drive my car again!

Appreciate your response, I don’t think they submitted anything yet as the cop who pulled me over said he didn’t see any registration in his database.
I totally understand you, as I am now in the same boat. I had a bad experience, mine was after purchasing a Tesla from Springfield NJ location. I contacted the service( at 973 - 921-0925 ) one week before my temporary plates expired, and they blindly assured me that it will arrive on 30th day from the date of purchase ( Nov 7th was the purchase date). They even told me that they had sent my papers to DMV for processing on Nov 14th . I kept calling/texting them despite of the fact that calls sometimes had half hour wait. Finally, after a week after I started expressing my frustration, they investigated the matter and told me that they had they hadn't even sent my papers to DMV for processing. It seems like, day I purchased my tesla, they had misplaced my papers signed papers and for a whole month, did not even bother to inform me. Now, they needed me to come in to the tesla Springfield location ( which is an hour drive from my home ), with my expired temporary plate and provide a wet signature to them. So, now I had to drive on Route 80 with an expired temporary plate for an hour and back. I have been picking up my daughter from school/sports for the about 2 weeks, with expired license plate. I have postponed my doc appointment since I do not want to be pulled over and then run around, to pay the court fines. I understand the frustration of many other customers, with similar issues.Tesla support has told me that they would expedite the process, but I haven't got the permanent license plates and registration so far. I guess I am stuck at home for the holidays. I hope Tesla Support looks into this matter urgently. In addition, makes this process smooth for customers, by streamlining their process.