Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone else car leak water?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Frequently I've noticed a pool of water under my model 3 after driving it. Now I'm pretty certain it's not leaking petrol or oil, and I phoned Tesla and they said it's the air con unit and not to worry, but I can't remember any other car I've owned to have this issue.

Does anyone else experience this issue? Do Tesla's really have such a unique air con unit that this issue is specific to them?

It's totally normal that especially on warm summer days cars will drip condensation water from the AC system onto the ground. Nothing specific to Tesla. All of my cars have done it (most brand new). If you are conserned you can always try to check the liquid that comes out, does it smell like anything (washer fluid etc), different colour (coolant), oil (if ICE car) or just plain water (most likely AC).

One thing to remember is that most cars stop their air-con when you stop the engine. Teslas keep it running till you get out the car and then sometimes for a while afterwards so you are much more likely to see the water than in an ice car. Additionally, it seems that the outlet is close to the side of the car, other cars may have it positioned more centrally so you'd be less likely to notice it.

I think this has been discussed at length previously

Attachments

• Polish_20211020_122647468.png
    Polish_20211020_122647468.png
    174.3 KB · Views: 80
Reactions: init6