Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone else find 10.4 worse than 10.3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
10.4 unfortunately seems much more scary to me than 10.3 :(

Two times on my drive today, 10.4 tried to go through cross streets and in each case would've gotten hit by another car. One time I had to floor it to make it through.

It's almost as if it now just gets to a cross street and goes without checking for cross traffic at all :(

For me 10.4 has been much better on the smoothness. The kind of stuff mentioned above happened to me in both 10.3, 10.3.1, and 10.4. A lot of these failures are sporadic, and most of us don’t test this for hours each day, so wondering if it’s possible that some of the “10.4 is worse“ is just random variation?

For me 10.4 has been much better on the smoothness. The kind of stuff mentioned above happened to me in both 10.3, 10.3.1, and 10.4. A lot of these failures are sporadic, and most of us don’t test this for hours each day, so wondering if it’s possible that some of the “10.4 is worse“ is just random variation?
I’ve been thinking this about the cars for a long time, long before the Beta. People would complain about phantom braking, bad wipers, bad high/low beams yet my car didn’t have those issues. I knew they weren’t lying just that the cars aren’t exactly the same.

As far as this beta I have thought about recalibrating the cameras, but I’m fairly wary because the car has been really good. Maybe I’ll just sit tight and see how 10.5 behaves.