Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our smart ED is our boot around car, our leaf is our faithful commuter. Don’t own a Tesla yet...but am kinda glad I get to hang out here with the cool kids.

:)

No gas car to compare it to anymore. Not for the last 5 years.

Very cool! I had an '08 451 ICE smart for 6 years and really enjoyed it. But, I'm happy to power the house and a couple EVs with solar now. Still have a leased ICE SUV for the time being.

You're always welcome to hang out here in my book. Besides, you'll join Team Tesla at some point. We're irresistible like that. :)

I still pop over to the SCoA smart forum periodically to see who's getting into trouble lately. Good times in the smart going to events and decorating it for Christmas...

I'd never give this up for a EV. Tesla is an addition, never a replacement.

2019-12-27 08.35.15 HDR.jpg

this is my first EV, just 3 months in.

I dread the day I have to rent a car and it will likely be gas.

I doubt I'll ever buy a gas car again.

I'm over 50, I grew up with gas cars being the only thing around; and it did take me a while to catch on. I just don't see going back, at this point. there are enough EV choices for purchase and enough infra so that you don't *have* to have home charging.

complexity, sound levels, smell: I can do without all that, thankyouverymuch ;)

You are comparing a Porsche model GT3 RS to a model 3? Not quite fair and certainly not typical ICE.

ICE is slowly dying. Loud obnoxious and inefficient. They only begin to get fun when really spun up at high RPM's. Imagine a GT3 with an all electric drivetrain, now that would be awesome! Hopefully the new Tesla roadster will compete making much of ICE begin to look somewhat prehistoric or at least old-school which it already is.

Don't get me wrong, the Porsche is a beautiful, well engineered machine, but unless on the track my performance S will do many things that the Porsche cannot accept perhaps gain unwanted attention.

While I do like my Stealth Performance Model 3 I enjoy driving my gas sports cars MUCH more still. The Tesla serves its purpose as a commute car a few days a week.

Any else feel the same?
take the P3 on a muddy dirt road and drift it some....wont want to do that in the Porsche

& really, you are comparing what and what? lol
a car with a dial clock? WTF is that all about