Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone else's 3 whistle?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My air vents whistle, unless I have the recirculate air button selected.

Mine does this also, but seems to be more tied to the auto button. It will also stop if any door is open with the HVAC still running. As soon as all the doors close it starts again, I assume that’s due to the pressure change.

Mine sounds like it’s coming from further back than the air vents though, like deeper inside of the dash. Drives me crazy.

Possible it’s a retainer clip dragging on brakes. I had that issue on a 125xx VIN. Was an easy fix but it did make a high pitched noise. I only noticed at low speed when turning left.

I know this is an old thread but if you see this can you explain more about the brake retainer clip? I have a low speed whistle when turning right only so this sounds like it could be the same issue. Is it something I can do myself?

I know this is an old thread but if you see this can you explain more about the brake retainer clip? I have a low speed whistle when turning right only so this sounds like it could be the same issue. Is it something I can do myself?

Brake pad retaining clips that could rub on the disc are only in the rear brakes. Check out the Rich Rebuilds youtube video on Model 3 Maintenance to see the rear brakes. They are like many other brakes. If the retaining clips are not centered properly, you would need to remove the caliper, then take the brake pads out, move the clips, and then put everything back together again.

The front brakes don't have any clips that go near the rotors. You can see that in the same video.

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I am having this now on my brand new 2022 M3LR. Sounds like a bird chirping, probably from like 20MPH and up. And yes, I like to drive with just the drivers window down. Don’t use A/C unless it’s in the 90’s. Anybody ever really nail this down?