Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone get the dash cam for your model X ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of my friend is considerating to buy a dash cam for his model X.I do not have the dash cam for my model S.I think it is not imprtant for me.And he got the dash cam and show me a picture for sharing.What do you think whether it need to install a dash cam in your car or not?Does it necessary?
微信图片_20170720113519.jpg

...Does it necessary...

Remember famous tennis player Venus Williams who was blamed for running red light which resulted in 1 death?

She told the police that she did not run red light and she told them that her light was green!

She should have paid for a dash cam to prove what she claimed.

But she didn't.

So no body believed her.

The police wrote down on the report that she ran a red light and it was her fault!

Fortunately, there's a private security camera in a building that proved that she was right.

She could be in a lot of trouble if it was only her words without any video proof!

Remember famous tennis player Venus Williams who was blamed for running red light which resulted in 1 death?

She told the police that she did not run red light and she told them that her light was green!

She should have paid for a dash cam to prove what she claimed.

But she didn't.

So no body believed her.

The police wrote down on the report that she ran a red light and it was her fault!

Fortunately, there's a private security camera in a building that proved that she was right.

She could be in a lot of trouble if it was only her words without any video proof!
Yeah,so it is a proof for the driver sometimes.How about making it more fun or someting interesting?This dash cam be more convinent than any CAM.Because it can take a picture by waving your hands so if you see a thief is stealing if you could not report on time maybe you can provide a picture for proof.

It is just like another form of insurance: You don't need it most of the time but just in case, you might need it at a moment that is least expected.
helped my brother when a lady turned in front of him and hit the brake and stopped so he would hit her.

several witnesses were present to see that it was intentional and they lady claimed she was a lawyer (actually ex-wife of one).

The camera proved that my brother did 3 things, slammed on his brakes, honked, and swerved as much as possible.

One of the many "ambulance chasers" that called my brother was a body shop that claimed that they fixed this ladies car all the time!! which lead us to believe that she was in collusion with them so that they could get big insurance checks on behalf of her wrecks that they could repair for much less...

she refuted the idea that she was at fault and the case was brought to court, my brother simply showed the prosecutor the dash cam video and 2-3 witnesses gave statements and he told my brother to leave as this case was clearly her fault.

all this being said i haven't installed a camera on my MX yet as i would love a 3-4+ channel system, but will have to grab a 2 channel sooner rather than later if something doesn't come up soon.

• Informative
Reactions: guipingfang and Tam
helped my brother when a lady turned in front of him and hit the brake and stopped so he would hit her.

several witnesses were present to see that it was intentional and they lady claimed she was a lawyer (actually ex-wife of one).

The camera proved that my brother did 3 things, slammed on his brakes, honked, and swerved as much as possible.

One of the many "ambulance chasers" that called my brother was a body shop that claimed that they fixed this ladies car all the time!! which lead us to believe that she was in collusion with them so that they could get big insurance checks on behalf of her wrecks that they could repair for much less...

she refuted the idea that she was at fault and the case was brought to court, my brother simply showed the prosecutor the dash cam video and 2-3 witnesses gave statements and he told my brother to leave as this case was clearly her fault.

all this being said i haven't installed a camera on my MX yet as i would love a 3-4+ channel system, but will have to grab a 2 channel sooner rather than later if something doesn't come up soon.
Wow,so it seems so important for us to install a dash cam,so glad to hear a real story from you.Thanks for your sharing.So I want to explain that the question what I ask is want to someone can foucus on the fact by the dash cam rather than just for gimmick.

Reactions: 0ptions
...gimmick.

For most people, it's only useful if something bad happens to them so they can prove what happened.

Even though nothing bad has happened to me, my dash cam is still very useful for me.

I've been documenting what has happened when I drive with my new Autopilot 2 and I have learned a lot from its recordings.

I then realize that Autopilot makes different sounds and by reviewing the dash cam, and now I know what they mean.

When Autopilot doesn't work as I expect it to, I just reviewed the dash cam and analyzed it and be ready for the next time.

So, it's been very fun for me with my dash cam!

I have a Blackvue in my old car and caught many odd things on the road that didn't have any major ramifications, just kooky drivers. I did send my cam video to someone that got into an accident in front of me on the freeway that rear eneded someone in a "sudden-stop" situation. We also supplied footage to the police for some highway racing shenanigans by a dozen ricers/bikes, but the footage was too grainy to read any license plates. That's why I'm installing a higher resolution dash cam in my Model X.

Reactions: dblankenbaker
Wow,so it seems so important for us to install a dash cam,so glad to hear a real story from you.Thanks for your sharing.So I want to explain that the question what I ask is want to someone can foucus on the fact by the dash cam rather than just for gimmick.
this is the first time i'm posting my own footage online, but I witnessed this truck jackknifing in november/december of 2013 when i was on my way to Chicago in terrible conditions to switch my Lexus LS430 for a Lexus LS460L. roads north of Indianapolis where the best looking that i had seen the whole journey, but as anybody that drives that section knows, the winds are strong across the flat farmland (which is why there's wind farms here) and trucks get blown over even on a dry day.

We were driving about 45MPH on this stretch...

this is the first time i'm posting my own footage online, but I witnessed this truck jackknifing in november/december of 2013 when i was on my way to Chicago in terrible conditions to switch my Lexus LS430 for a Lexus LS460L. roads north of Indianapolis where the best looking that i had seen the whole journey, but as anybody that drives that section knows, the winds are strong across the flat farmland (which is why there's wind farms here) and trucks get blown over even on a dry day.

We were driving about 45MPH on this stretch...

Thank you for your sharing,I think we should pay more attention on the chosing dash cam.Wold you mind share me what kind of dash cam do you use now?

I have a Blackvue in my old car and caught many odd things on the road that didn't have any major ramifications, just kooky drivers. I did send my cam video to someone that got into an accident in front of me on the freeway that rear eneded someone in a "sudden-stop" situation. We also supplied footage to the police for some highway racing shenanigans by a dozen ricers/bikes, but the footage was too grainy to read any license plates. That's why I'm installing a higher resolution dash cam in my Model X.
So it is very important for us about the dash cam resolution,if we need provide some proof to the police or someone.The picture should be clear enough there.the fllowing picture is from my best friend dash cam.Do you think it is clear ebough?

Attachments

• 81ISUZB476L._SL256_.jpg
    81ISUZB476L._SL256_.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 63
For most people, it's only useful if something bad happens to them so they can prove what happened.

Even though nothing bad has happened to me, my dash cam is still very useful for me.

I've been documenting what has happened when I drive with my new Autopilot 2 and I have learned a lot from its recordings.

I then realize that Autopilot makes different sounds and by reviewing the dash cam, and now I know what they mean.

When Autopilot doesn't work as I expect it to, I just reviewed the dash cam and analyzed it and be ready for the next time.

So, it's been very fun for me with my dash cam!
As for you,it has a defferent meaning for you.If the dash cam producer here aome massage like this comment.I think it will be so satisfied and glad.Thank you so much for your sharing.

It would be desirable if Tesla came up with dash cam recording facilities for the MX model years prior to 2018. Mine is a May 2017 built MX and I was told by my local SC that existing hardware in the car wouldn’t support the firmware needed for the dash cam to record activity into the partitioned USB. Such a pity as I didn’t (& still don’t) wish to tinker with OEM in the car to fix an after market dash cam. Has anyone heard when Tesla might decide to give us older model (2 years only!) owners, this benefit?