TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Does anyone have a favorite electronic vehicle magazine?

Discussion in 'Electric Vehicles' started by Cal1, Oct 18, 2013.

1. Cal1

Cal1 Member

I am a car nut and subscribe to a few ICE magazines. I'm tired of searching for something on ev's in C&D, Automobile etc. I did find EVworld on line but wondered if there are any real good ones. I'd especially like something in paper form. Geeze I really like the torque on this thing. Pulls better than my old M5!

Cal
    P85

2. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

I haven't seen much...Charged EVs has some good content, including technical stuff on things like battery tech so you can really learn from it.

Electric Car Insider is a newer one; I like it, but it is really more for outreach to potential buyers than detailed info for owners.

If you join the Electric Auto Association, membership includes their "Current EVents" magazine. It has a little more of a DIY spin, but has a good variety of content.

I think all three of the above are available online or hardcopy.

3. Cal1

Cal1 Member

Thanks, I'll have to take a look. Have you ever seen these at Barnes and Noble?

4. ChadS

ChadS Petroleum is for sissies

The EAA one won't be; it's only available to members.

I know the intention of the other two is to get on newstands and in book stores, but I'm not sure how far their distribution has gone. I tend to use the library and internet, so I haven't been in a bookstore for a while.

5. TonyWilliams

TonyWilliams Active Member

Electric Car Insider is made right here in San Diego, and will be on newsstands for purchase.

6. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

I too like Charged EV magazine and CurrentEVents the electric auto newsletter.

7. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

8. Lloyd

Lloyd Active Member

Try "Charged" magazine. Good articles. Good insight.