Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone have a Saleen Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the best part looks-wise was how they got rid of the front nose cone - that useless old thing damages what is otherwise spectacular aesthetics on the model S. It's especially annoying because it means Tesla is purposely trying to give it a traditional car grille-look, which makes zero sense imo.

+1

I find that the color contrasting (except black cars) chrome lined nose cone, (automotive terminology for fake grill) is the only weak styling aspect of the beautiful S. I am happy to hang a front license plate on this "black hole".

Spotted in Century City! My contribution as a fan boy.
FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender_2.jpg

Hi Stephen,

I agree the mechanical modifications are inconsequential and dubious. Regarding how the panels fit, in the attached photo to me it looks like the modified front trunk hood doesn't match up well with the modified nose.

Saleen-FourSixteen-Tesla-Model-S-PLACEMENT.jpg

Right, the front bumper would look amazing (and much better than the dorky nose cone), IF they continued the contour of the hood lines and got alignment right. Good concept there, but they missed the mark.

I don't care much for the rest of the Saleen mods.

Right, the front bumper would look amazing (and much better than the dorky nose cone), IF they continued the contour of the hood lines and got alignment right.

There is no alignment problem. Air is supposed to go through there from the underbody and improve aerodynamics plus cooling passing in front of the AC cooler.

The carbon ceramic brakes reducing weight by 50% would rock IF they don't add substantial noise when cold.

Never proven by independent lab so........

I think it's supposed to go through the bumper and out the rear facing exits on either side of the bumper. These two openings are hidden from the front. The center one you see is just bad alignment.

Also, to the person thinking the bumper color doesn't match the hood, I agree.