Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone have experience with the official Tesla Pet Liner and white seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen a few reports of non-stick backing just like on the OEM liner causing permanent staining on white seats. Given that this is an official product, I would hope that they considered this, but you never know. I was hoping to see if anyone has some long(ish)-term, real world experience.

This is a great question. I am following as I am set to take delivery of a white interior M3 and will need some form of a pet liner for the back. I do also plan on getting windows tinted and have heard that the tesla liner clips can damage the tint?

This is a great question. I am following as I am set to take delivery of a white interior M3 and will need some form of a pet liner for the back. I do also plan on getting windows tinted and have heard that the tesla liner clips can damage the tint?
So another TMC user said they have used it in they MY with white seats with no issues. I also posted a comment on a Youtube video where a guy installed it in a white M3, and he also said he has not had any issues. I'm not sure if this completely resolves my anxiety about staining the seats, but it definitely helps!

I've seen a few reports of non-stick backing just like on the OEM liner causing permanent staining on white seats. Given that this is an official product, I would hope that they considered this, but you never know. I was hoping to see if anyone has some long(ish)-term, real world experience.
I have had no issues with discoloration due to the insert and I was just under it vacuuming recently and impressed with how clean the seats look compared to everything else back there... I‘ve had both the EV Annex cover (better than nothing) and then the new Pet Liner when it came out which has been great.

One issue they both have (and maybe all covers) is that the opening for the seat belts/leash anchors crates an place for dirt and hair to funnel into. So you basically have dirt and hair constantly being dumped into the open buckle on on side and the recession they both sit in. Fairly unavoidable I guess. Just have to vacuum often and hope for the best.

We keep the Insert in full time as the majority of our use use for the car is to get out of the city with the dogs. I was concerned that it was going to be very difficult to remove dog hair from the cover but I was able to do it fairly easily with our cordless vac.

I don’t have very illustrative photos but I do have these. Looking back at the insert from the front and then looking down at it from the front.

1648386017444.jpeg

1648385957829.jpeg

This is the old Evannex cover that did not reach the top of the seat or have door covers…
1648385997265.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: longisland1
I thought I would comment on this thread as I have had the Tesla dog hammock in my 2020 S with White interior. As @Itsuo-DC last image shows, the hammock does not completely cover the side of the seat (bottom or back), and the material is so light it moves even further away from the seat as the pet jumps in and moves around. I did not find it satisfactory and went back to using my too-large for the Tesla Orvis Pet Hammock I had in my Audi A8 that had huge limo seating in the rear. It is heavy, doesn't move, and superior coverage. I use the door shield from the Tesla Hammock, as they are the best fit for the door you can get. Orvis now makes my hammock with a Windowed version (mesh between the front seats). Don't get the X-Large like I have. The standard size will do.