TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Does Anyone Have Experience with the Trip Planner After 7.1

Discussion in 'Model X: Battery & Charging' started by ptsagcy, Feb 5, 2016.

1. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

7.1 was supposed to fix some of the serious issues with the Trip Planner misrouting you to nonsensical Superchargers. Has anyone tried it with 7.1?

2. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

I have on the Model S. Help me understand what you mean by "nonsensical superchargers". If you mean "route you back to the SC 2 minutes after you left there", it seems to have stopped that behavior. I'm not sure about any other behavior. I took a trip to Florida with 7.1 and it worked as I expected (although I wanted insurance so I charged far more than it said I needed to in the freezing temps).

3. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

Something I saw regularly was a stop at a Supercharger 20-30 minutes from home, when I was starting a trip, when the next one's obviously reachable without wasting time on a detour at the nearby SC. And having me stop at the same one on the way home, instead of charging a couple more minutes at the previous stop. Had you seen that, and if so, has that improved?

(I think I'd only seen the "route back to where you just left form" thing once.)

4. Owner

Owner Active Member

I have used it a little bit but not really on a long journey stop to stop. I need to "retest" this as I'm getting quite a few hits on my older report when it was very buggy.

5. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

Yes, that has gotten better for me too. It seems to be smarter about telling you to skip the chargers that you don't need to go to, like avoiding Chattanooga when going Knoxville toward Atlanta. I presume that means your case would be covered.

6. ptsagcy

ptsagcy Member

Thanks Flasher - appreciate the good info. Picking my X up soon and planning a trip to Richmond in March and Orlando in April (from NJ). It looks like between the Tesla trip planning app and supercharge.info it should be a piece of cake. Really looking forward to getting the X, taking some trips and using autopilot.

7. kendallpb

kendallpb Model S: P 8061

Good to hear, thanks!