Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone have info on Roadster #586?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know anything about Roadster #586 at Atlanta Used Cars Marietta? In one of the pictures it's showing a "maintenance service required" message What is this message? The price is great for a 2.0, and I'm guessing there is some wiggle room since it was at $56,999 a week ago. But I'm wary of immediately having to spend money on repairs. If it's just the annual service message, then that wouldn't be a deal breaker.

Does anyone have a PDF of the 2.0 manual and Touch Screen Users Manual? I have the 1.5 manual, and I didn't see anything about error messages in that document. It does reference the touch screen manual that I don't have.

Thanks!

The "maintenance service required" is just like you suggested, a reminder that the Roadster needs to be brought in for its annual service. The message gets cleared after service has been completed. Its interesting it has a June 2009 build date on the door but having the service message. Possibly an old pic from last year or they missed a service interval. Typically the message triggers 1-2 months before the annual service. Also if the service was done earlier than the annual calendar then it would trigger the message earlier. Tesla should have records of the service.

Last edited:
That car sold last week. I was trying to get it over to the service center to get checked out before I made an offer, but someone else bought it.

- - - Updated - - -

I should add; the price online went back up after I was told the new owner had signed the papers.

Thanks for the update. I'll cross it off my list. How were you thinking about getting it to the service center? I was going to call the Marietta service center and see if they would handle it for me, but didn't get that far. I'm not sure they would be willing to do a pre-purchase inspection. Anyone know?

Any forum member the lucky new owner?

I called Marietta and they said they'd do an inspection for around $600 (three hours labor). They took the dealership information and were willing to handle everything; getting the car in and everything. They called back to tell me that they had three inspections scheduled for that car. I called the dealer back to make an offer, and he told me that someone else had just signed the papers. Somewhere in there either the dealer or the service center told me that the new owner already owned a Model S. I'm not sure if that's accurate, or if that was the third guy looking at the car.

I really wanted the 2.0, but I found a CPO 1.5 with 30 months remaining on the warranty. So don't bother calling on #334; they cashed my check this morning. :love:

LOL, I wouldn't steal #334 away from you. I think Glacier Blue is pretty, but not a color I would get for my own. My first choice would be Brilliant Yellow. I can be extremely patient waiting for the right Roadster. Who knows... Maybe ChadS will sell his some day.

I'm happy to hear that the service center will do the inspection and handle everything. That's the kind of thing that makes me excited to be a Tesla owner (someday).

Congrats on #334! We want some pictures and stories when you get it!

Too funny...my husband is the one that bought 586.

Tesla Marietta was great and thorough with their inspection. They were pretty backed up and couldn't get us in right away, so we worked out a deal to buy it subject to inspection. Gave them a $1000 deposit to take it off the market (sorry supersnoop!). We actually just picked it up this afternoon.

Supersnoop, hope you enjoy 334 and tvuolo I hope you find your Brilliant Yellow soon!