Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone have Michelin MXM4 on their 19" wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update:
I was going to fit new 19's with Michelin MXM4's to keep from possibly losing range. For lack of info on my original question, I pulled the trigger and bought 19" wheels with Pirell's p7+'s (and crossed my fingers.)

After 1000 miles on the OEM michelins and 500 miles on the Pirellis, Im firmly stuck on 250wh/mi for my commute for both sets of tires. Anecdotally, I feel like the Pirellis do not grip as well on launch. Either that, or the SR+ isnt fast enough for me anymore :p

Conclusion: buy LRR tires when upsizing and range will stay the same.

Reactions: Watts_Up
have had them on my 3LR rwd for a year. they got toasted. :D

had to install 2 new ones for the rear just this past thursday...

err... sorry i have the 18" wheels.
still relevant, at least for me! Thanks!

This is a hard car to find a tire for. Since it is a tesla, I really want it to be quiet. Ideally, long lasting as well. That leaves so little on the market already when the standard for quiet is raised so high by the OEM tires.

Ugh...I wish I just knew already. I'm exhausted of all the research and conflicting answers or lack of answers. It seems to almost always be one or the other when it comes to tires especially. And especially even more so for Tesla.

This is a hard car to find a tire for. Since it is a tesla, I really want it to be quiet. Ideally, long lasting as well. That leaves so little on the market already when the standard for quiet is raised so high by the OEM tires.

Ugh...I wish I just knew already. I'm exhausted of all the research and conflicting answers or lack of answers. It seems to almost always be one or the other when it comes to tires especially. And especially even more so for Tesla.
Especially with the 19s. There are very few choices at 235 width which is the main reason I went with 245. Good luck with the decision.

Reactions: ZapCarM3

Pirelli P7+. If all you are looking for is long life (UTQG700) and quiet ride, then this is the tire for you. I did exhaustive research too, and on top of maintaining range not sure why you are still looking.

Reactions: ZapCarM3
FWIW I don't find the 19s to ride harsh at all compared to 18s.
Agreed

The effect that tire profile has on comfort is grossly overrated.

I went from 20" OEM PS4S to 18" PS4S (in OEM size) and felt no difference in ride quality at the same tire pressure.

However, I recently put on 18"OEM MXM4 and felt a significant difference in ride quality and quietness.

I see you put the quiettracks on your car. How's performance? Wearing well?

I did, and apologies for not updating the thread. I plum forgot!

so far so good. I’m down to about 7/32 tread right now after about 15,000 miles. I’m happy with that.
The tires themselves are great; they feel fantastic, are fairly quiet and haven’t hurt efficiency much. I’m showing average wh/mi at 253 right now. Can’t complain about that!

My only issue is that the 19s are too low profile for the horrific roads here in NJ. I’ve already bent and repaired 3 wheels. Once I wear through the QuietTracks, I’m considering getting a set of T-Sportline 18s, so I get the “look” of the 19s but with a taller sidewall. Still haven’t committed to it.

I plan to put either MXM4 or P7+ On my 19s. I’ll post when I have some efficiency numbers. Despite everyone trashing the stock tires, I’ve been through like 6 sets of tires now and haven’t found any as efficient as the MXM4.

I put on larger brakes so the 18 aeros don’t fit anymore. (I could swap the rotors off when not racing, but seems like a hassle).

I plan to put either MXM4 or P7+ On my 19s. I’ll post when I have some efficiency numbers. Despite everyone trashing the stock tires, I’ve been through like 6 sets of tires now and haven’t found any as efficient as the MXM4.

I put on larger brakes so the 18 aeros don’t fit anymore. (I could swap the rotors off when not racing, but seems like a hassle).
I have a performance and the 80k warranty looks good. Good chance I get a free set. 32k from Conti's.

We have the MXM4 tires in a non-Tesla spec on our 19x10" wheels for daily driving. The efficiency of them is horrible. Keep in mind that non-Tesla spec tires are very different, even among the same tire model!

They are fun in that they don't have much grip, so sliding around is a good time. That's about the only positive :)

For reference - the 21" Tesla-spec P-Zero's on our Model Y performance gets more or less the same efficiency as the 19" MXM4's on our Model 3 on city roads.

Putting FAST EV-01's with aero covers on the car with the Tesla Model 3 spec Conti 19's dropped the consumption by something like 18%. It was massive. And this was very much at low speeds as well as at high speeds, so it's not just aerodynamics.