Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone have shares in Tesla Inc?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just wondering how many people, if any, have shares in Tesla Inc. If you do then how much?
We're quite a few I believe. I bought 100 shares same time I bought my S85D thinking if I'm right that this car is a technological masterpiece, then others will find out and TSLA will eventually go up. Being an electrical engineer with a lot of automation/robot projects under my belt I fully understand the current situation with the model 3 ramp. Just wait and it'll be sorted out and SP will soar.

Reactions: cheshire cat
Any advice on how to purchase them as thinking about this myself but being on NYSE seems tricky. Dont think i can buy many but want to make sure i do it right. Ideally pay on a transaction basis. Any tips / share companies to use. believe trading in USD is best rather than GBP to avoid exchange rate costs.

Any advice on how to purchase them as thinking about this myself but being on NYSE seems tricky. Dont think i can buy many but want to make sure i do it right. Ideally pay on a transaction basis. Any tips / share companies to use. believe trading in USD is best rather than GBP to avoid exchange rate costs.
probably the easiest way is to open an account with Hargreaves & Landsdown BUT before you can trade you need a certificate (forgot the name) to show you are not a USA citizen for tax purposes there will be a link and explanation on the site but if necessary ring up and they are quite helpful, the cert' will take a couple of days to process --hope this helps

No, I already have £80k+ invested in the company. It’s sitting outside my house.

Investing because you think it’s the future needs to be balanced with the fact that the price already reflects much of that future. None of the fundamentals like turnover, production volume, profit, etc point to a valuation on a par with BMW which it has. There’s also risk with Tesla (as with all shares, just more with Tesla) The channel tunnel and the M6 toll road were both thought to be future cash cows, lots of income for very little cost once built but the debt they built up crippled both of them. Tesla is really unlikely to disappear but a major financing issue may wipe out much of the share value.

On the other hand they may fly...

You’ll need to fill in a W-8BEN form before you can trade.

• Informative
Reactions: Terry_B58
None of the fundamentals like turnover, production volume, profit, etc point to a valuation on a par with BMW which it has

That was the case a year ago too ... up 40% since then ...

... but I expect the graph for the South Sea Bubble and Tulip Mania was the same ... until ti nosedived ...

For someone without ISA is it worth (or even "possible"?) to use that (i.e. to shelter profits)

That was the case a year ago too ... up 40% since then ...

... but I expect the graph for the South Sea Bubble and Tulip Mania was the same ... until ti nosedived ...

For someone without ISA is it worth (or even "possible"?) to use that (i.e. to shelter profits)

And everyone who followed fashion was buying bitcoins before christmas

If you see something that doing really well, you're usually already too late!