Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone have this on their driver side?

skrtskrt

Sep 30, 2018
USA/EU
Does anyone else have this on their driver side?? My passenger side doesn't have it.

Edit: I’m talking about the bottom part.

Attachments

• 93F7F0FF-694C-42D3-9D93-73E08711E5F5.jpeg
    93F7F0FF-694C-42D3-9D93-73E08711E5F5.jpeg
    400.8 KB · Views: 147
  • Funny
Reactions: Kant.Ing

Tres_Azul

Oct 10, 2019
Arizona
My 2019 SR+ doesn't have that.

Don't think that is a film. Pretty sure it's an anti-chip / anti-rock coating. You can buy them for aftermarket/as a body shop. 3M & duplicolor make one... Probably other brands out there.

In an OEM application, I'm not sure if it is on top of the normal clear, or in lieu of normal clear coat? I've seen it on numerous cars from the factory. I know my 13' VW CC had some along the rockers. Should definitely be on both sides though!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC