Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone hear the COWBELL?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
who's talking about a 2008 version?
the newer model fusion (very similar) and kia have slight similarity of MS
this has been discussed many times on various auto forums....google
also has a bit of panamera mix
My bad, meant 2012... 2012 is when the Model S came out. So you can say that maybe newer Ford and Kia took a note from Tesla, Maserati, Jaguar, and Aston Martin. Or maybe they just look like modern sedans...

Tesla MS looks more similar of a Kia Optima/Ford Fusion mix than a aston or maserati
My wife has a 2011 Kia Optima... the overall styling is part of why I leaned her toward it. It's a good car, lots of nice options for a <$30k car, like air conditioned seats in the front, heated seats front and back, nice leather and dual sunroofs.

The designer also designed the Audi TT. They made a good decision hiring him.

It's no Model S though!

We are talking about Kia's?

I was originally wondering what accessories could best benefit the M3. Or.....what cowbells are practical to expect on the M3.
I guess we all ended up getting WAAAAAAYYY off track.

I think the HUD would be the major cowbell.

I am just hoping we get heated and cooled seats. My wife will not be happy if she has to downgrade to non cooled seats compared to her lowly Kia (even though overall it will be an upgrade).

I guess we all ended up getting WAAAAAAYYY off track.

I think the HUD would be the major cowbell.

I am just hoping we get heated and cooled seats. My wife will not be happy if she has to downgrade to non cooled seats compared to her lowly Kia (even though overall it will be an upgrade).
Cooled seats would be great! I used them this weekend in a Lincoln for the first time and love it. The airflow on my back for a hot day is wonderful. Obviously, this is a lower priority than an HUD, but still on my wish list.

Cooled seats would be great! I used them this weekend in a Lincoln for the first time and love it. The airflow on my back for a hot day is wonderful. Obviously, this is a lower priority than an HUD, but still on my wish list.

Heated seats are a no-brainer, because they keep the occupants warm more efficiently than heaters.

But cooled seats might be pushing it, as I'm sure it would kill range.

It might be wishful thinking if you're in a current Tesla, or the Model 3.

But the P100D might see it someday....but don't hold your breath.

Heated seats are a no-brainer, because they keep the occupants warm more efficiently than heaters.

But cooled seats might be pushing it, as I'm sure it would kill range.

It might be wishful thinking if you're in a current Tesla, or the Model 3.

But the P100D might see it someday....but don't hold your breath.
Cooled seats use Peltier bases heat pumps to heat and cool the seats. They draw very little current compared to an air conditioner compressor.

Cooled seats use Peltier bases heat pumps to heat and cool the seats. They draw very little current compared to an air conditioner compressor.

Ahh, cool (see what I did there?), but I still think it won't be anything we see in the Model 3. Maybe it makes its way to the S.

It will be one of those "luxury" touches to keep the S and X apart from the 3.

Considering the aspirations of "Part Deux", cooled seats are probably way down Elon's list right now.

Ahh, cool (see what I did there?), but I still think it won't be anything we see in the Model 3. Maybe it makes its way to the S.

Considering the aspirations of "Part Deux", cooled seats are probably way down Elon's list right now.
I think it would be a good option for the 3 in the same way that the base model Nissan Leaf got a heated steering wheel: the potential for more range.

I just can't consider it "luxury" since it's in a <$30k Kia from 2011 though