Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone here use EVMatch to share your home charger? If so, do you like it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm getting my Tesla charger installed on Monday. It will be an exterior one mounted on a post next to my driveway.

Anyway, I had stumbled across a website for a company called EV Match. Their proposition is that they allow you to let people use your charger, and you can set a price. Where I'm located, I'm fairly close to a highway, so it seems like this might be a good way to make a little extra money by allowing people to use my charger.

Does anyone here have experience with EV Match? If so, what do you think? Would it be worth signing up for, or no?

One thing I'm concerned about is that it only lets someone use your charger once you've approved the request. Unfortunately, I generally don't have my phone on me during the day, so I wouldn't be able to approve charge requests via the app. I guess I would have to just keep an eye on the website and approve users that way?

Thanks!

I would be absolutely shocked if you get a single taker.

I've been on Plugshare and a few other apps including EV match for over 10 years. Never had a single taker.

And even as a user, I've reached out twice to people on those platforms and never had a response. It's really not a thing. Just a bunch of marketing. No harm in signing up, but don't expect it to be used.

Reactions: APotatoGod
So I'm getting my Tesla charger installed on Monday. It will be an exterior one mounted on a post next to my driveway.

Anyway, I had stumbled across a website for a company called EV Match. Their proposition is that they allow you to let people use your charger, and you can set a price. Where I'm located, I'm fairly close to a highway, so it seems like this might be a good way to make a little extra money by allowing people to use my charger.

Does anyone here have experience with EV Match? If so, what do you think? Would it be worth signing up for, or no?

One thing I'm concerned about is that it only lets someone use your charger once you've approved the request. Unfortunately, I generally don't have my phone on me during the day, so I wouldn't be able to approve charge requests via the app. I guess I would have to just keep an eye on the website and approve users that way?

Thanks!
I have a home charger (not Tesla) and it just allows anyone to plug in with no type of code or anything. How does your exterior Tesla charger allow a visitor to connect and pay?
Thanks.

If you want to talk with someone about EVMatch, you need to talk with @joebruin77 . He was spamming that all over this forum for a while. Here are some of his comments talking about it:

If you want to talk with someone about EVMatch, you need to talk with @joebruin77 . He was spamming that all over this forum for a while. Here are some of his comments talking about it:

Although I did reference EV Match in some posts, it is not accurate to describe it as "spamming". I was simply trying to share a positive experience I had with EV Match so that other members of the forum could benefit from learning about it. I don't have any affiliation with EV Match other than being a happy customer.

That said, I only used EV Match as the person who is using the EVSE, not hosting one. So I can't really speak to what it is like to list your own EVSE as available for use on EV Match.

Keep in mind also that my original comments about EV Match were from quite a long time ago. At the time, I liked EV Match because it helped me find privately owned EVSE's to use in my neighborhood. And the ones I found on EV Match were not listed on any other app at the time including Plugshare. But as more and more public level 2 EVSE's have become available, I wonder if the need to use the private EVSE's listed on EV Match has been reduced. It probably depends on each person's specific area and neighborhood.

I would be absolutely shocked if you get a single taker.

I've been on Plugshare and a few other apps including EV match for over 10 years. Never had a single taker.

And even as a user, I've reached out twice to people on those platforms and never had a response. It's really not a thing. Just a bunch of marketing. No harm in signing up, but don't expect it to be used.

I bought a Juicebox so I can list on EV Match. I got one transaction and I think that might have been a glitch (no one showed up to charge). I had another person contact me on Plugshare asking about charging but I replied for the person to sign up on EV Match for paid charging as I have indicated on my listing. Never heard from the person again. LOL

In 2017 we decided to take a road trip vacation from our home (at the time) in Jackson Hole to the East Coast. While in Charleston, SC we stayed at a hotel that advertised Tesla charging but the one destination charger was not operational. In desperation I searched PlugShare for charging options and found a homeowner who was willing to share. I texted him and he responded saying I could drop my car off and charge overnight and he’d give us a ride back to the hotel. The thing seemed a little too good to be true but I decided to visit him anyway. Long story short, he was an avid Tesla fan and was happy to do anything to help a fellow Tesla owner. He picked us up the next morning and wished us a happy vacation.