TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Does anyone in Hawaii know this white 1.5 Roadster listed on eBay?

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by ecarfan, Jul 21, 2014.

1. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

#1 ecarfan, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
    Does anyone in Hawaii know this white 1.5 Roadster listed on eBay?

See Tesla Roadster N A | eBay

Looks like a nice car with a battery in good shape.

I'm not clear on what this statement from the listing means: "This Roadster had the battery completely reworked at the factory less than 1000 miles ago."

"Reworked"? I wonder what that means.

The text of the eBay ad sure seems familiar, like I've seen it earlier this year in another ad. Maybe this Roadster was listed for sale months ago and didn't sell.

2. WeazL

WeazL Moderator - Hawaii

I've never seen that one on the road over here. With only 9,000 miles in ~5 years though that doesn't surprise me as she's not on the road very much. I did see a white one in the SC a few months back--might have been this one having the battery serviced as mentioned, I'm not positive. There's very few Roadsters over here compared to MS sedans. Wish I could be of more help.

If you're seriously interested in it, I'd be willing to look it over for you--just work it out with the seller. PM me if you want and I'll send you my contact info.

3. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

The pictures of the one in the listing first has Wisconsin tags, then Hawaii tags. There's reason to believe that its not been in Hawaii for a very long time. Are the background images in the pictures of the Walmart on the west end of Oahu?

4. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Yes I noticed that. My guess is that the photos with Wisconsin plates are old and taken just before the car was shipped from Wisconsin to Hawaii. The ad states the person listing the car is not the "original owner/seller". It states :"I am listing the vehicle for him and answering the questions as they come.". Maybe the owner moved from Wisconsin to Hawaii and moved the car and the photos were taken to document the condition of the car before it got loaded onto the Intercity truck pictured. Some photos in the eBay ad show Hawaii plates.

5. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Yes, my comment about the plates was primarily since it had been in Winconsin, that could explain why we have not seen it recently around Hawaii before this posting.

6. WeazL

WeazL Moderator - Hawaii

Since the holographic number is illegible in the pics, based on the plate number and registration sticker (it would have been required to be registered upon arrival), I'm guessing it arrived in Hawaii in March of 2012 (could be 2011...but I'm leaning towards 12 based on the plate number.)

7. TMFS

TMFS New Member

I know the car quite well - It is mine.

I have Carl handling the potential sale on my behalf. It is a great car - I've enjoyed it quite a bit - just isn't getting the use that it deserves.

Mahalo!

8. spleen

spleen Active Member

Thank you for posting to clarify the situation! :)

9. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

That is an awesome color, with an awesome price, on an awesome car!! Wish I could own that.

10. blueskyhi

blueskyhi New Member

HNL Roadster

Is your roadster still for sale.
    How do I find Carl?
    Mahalo
    Ken

11. TMFS

TMFS New Member

SOLD

The car has been sold.

12. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

Well, congrats to the new owner! I hope to see it driven around. It's a beautiful color choice :wink:

13. drtko147

drtko147 Member

I am wondering if they qualify for the new battery.

14. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Quality for new battery? Are you saying that TM said the new batteries for the Roadsters would be free?
    I've not seen anything that said or implied that in my reading since the first word.

15. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

They qualify for it, if they're willing to pay for it :biggrin: