Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone know how many Plaids have been delivered vs LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm in WA just across the river from Portland OR. I see tons of 3, Y's and older MS/X I never see Plaids. I've actually only seen a total of three (including mine). Just wondered about actual numbers or percentages. I'm sure there are a lot more up by Seattle but very few down here.

I asked this question the other day and no specific numbers are given. S/X deliveries have been near 15K per quarter. With X only just getting started in Q4 2021. So maybe total ~75K units combined for refresh.

Majority being S until recently.

When I was in the Portland OR location, there was not one Plaid awaiting delivery (S, 3, X, Y, etc.). In addition, the delay in LR deliveries (compared to Plaid) would indicate that there is a huge demand for LRs and little for Plaids. Same can be found on evcpo, several Plaids but nary a LR.

When you come up on a Tesla, look at the tail lights and badging. The new Model S typically have nothing, and it's the model 3/Y which have the tail lights which form a "C" and no lights on the trunk. The older Model S will form an "O" which includes lighting on the trunk and of course badging. The refresh (2022) has partial lighting on the trunk.

Honestly, with thousands of miles driven from Fremont and beyond, I have seen literally one that fit the bill. That one was parked by the Pruneyard in Campbell CA over by the parking garage. Believed it wasn't a "rebadged" variant due to the rims as well (Arachnid and not Tempest).