Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone know of the quarter mile time of the Refresh (long range) MX?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DelPhonic1

Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Burbank
I'm trying to justify in my head not to wait it out for the plaid MX. I want more range, and I know the pull of the throttle is there like the plaid above 60. The long range S is a bit faster in 1/4 mile than the Raven S 100D, correct? So then I'm assuming the refresh long range MX still should be faster in the quarter mile than all of the other SUV's save the fastest Porsche Cayenne?

I'm trying to justify in my head not to wait it out for the plaid MX. I want more range, and I know the pull of the throttle is there like the plaid above 60. The long range S is a bit faster in 1/4 mile than the Raven S 100D, correct? So then I'm assuming the refresh long range MX still should be faster in the quarter mile than all of the other SUV's save the fastest Porsche Cayenne?
A friend has a Model S refresh. I have not been in it. But it about the same as a Model 3 Performsnce. And it would probably beat a Model 3 in quarter mile due more flat power curve. It even has the cheetah launch mode in the non plaid.

Sure wish the damn Model S could tow. That’s the only reason I go for an X.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I would expect, like the Long Range S (which has already done a few 10.9's at 129-ish mph iirc), the X to be slower than an old Performance from a stop, but just as quick from a roll. Model S is trapping at the same approximately trap speed as the old Performance in the 1/4, just with a lot softer first 330'

Which means, somewhere around mid-high 11's at 118-22? That's Urus territory if it's hot enough for it to pull timing and boost (runs an 11.2 in good conditions from a dig), for the "slow" one. I think it'll be significantly quicker than 3/YP from a 60+ roll too.

I personally don't see the point of the plaid X except for the fact that it seems like a decent deal at $15k for 300hp, for now

Or, to put it in EV perspective, the Rivian runs an ~11.7 at 110. That's all launch as the aero/power de-rate at high speed is pretty horrendous on the R1T compared to even an old X. I would think the X Long Range/Base model to do around that ET with about 6-7 mph better trap, in the 1/4.

Last edited:
  • Informative
I would expect, like the Long Range S (which has already done a few 10.9's at 129-ish mph iirc), the X to be slower than an old Performance from a stop, but just as quick from a roll. Model S is trapping at the same approximately trap speed as the old Performance in the 1/4, just with a lot softer first 330'

Which means, somewhere around mid-high 11's at 118-22? That's Urus territory if it's hot enough for it to pull timing and boost (runs an 11.2 in good conditions from a dig), for the "slow" one. I think it'll be significantly quicker than 3/YP from a 60+ roll too.

I personally don't see the point of the plaid X except for the fact that it seems like a decent deal at $15k for 300hp, for now

Or, to put it in EV perspective, the Rivian runs an ~11.7 at 110. That's all launch as the aero/power de-rate at high speed is pretty horrendous on the R1T compared to even an old X. I would think the X Long Range/Base model to do around that ET with about 6-7 mph better trap, in the 1/4.
wow. thanks for this. I believe the fastest SUV's are still toast with the "slow" one. They will all be run down above 100. Swagger retained at the stoplight. Love it!

It's sorta wild to think that even an X 100D was as quick as the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 or the GLS63 of only a few years ago...with absolutely zero fanfare. There's next to no video out there of the non-Performance cars doing anything but hauling an airstream

Last edited:
Reactions: mswlogo
It's sorta wild to think that even an X 100D was as quick as the Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 or the GLS63 of only a few years ago...with absolutely zero fanfare. There's next to no video out there of the non-Performance cars doing anything but hauling an airstream

... which is why I didn't feel any need to get the Performance X. The LR+ is more than quick enough, *and* has better range. It's awesome.

the LR X is not "fast" by any means. there are plenty of SUVs and sedans much faster
What SUV's are faster again? You and richbot above have competing info. He's saying its faster than the Lambo Urus and the model 3 performance. Neither are slouches right, ngng? And he seems to be applying track data info. I'd love to see what you mean by "not fast by any means" . Show your data.

What SUV's are faster again? You and richbot above have competing info. He's saying its faster than the Lambo Urus and the model 3 performance. Neither are slouches right, ngng? And he seems to be applying track data info. I'd love to see what you mean by "not fast by any means" . Show your data.

the long range x is barely less than 4 seconds seconds, off the top of my head. q7, m6, x6 to name a few. basically any of the performance suvs will be faster. once you step into a performance, nothing can really touch the x

• Disagree
Reactions: bhzmark
the long range x is barely less than 4 seconds seconds, off the top of my head. q7, m6, x6 to name a few. basically any of the performance suvs will be faster.

What is your source?

Car and driver reports the following:

0-601/4 mile0-10030-5050-70
Model X LR3.311.88.31.32.1
Audi SQ73.512.09.12.63.0
BMW X6 M3.612.09.0
Lambo Urus3.211.47.62.43.2
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S E-hybrid3.211.57.81.92.3
Model X plaid (from Dragtimes)2.39.7

Only the Lambo and Porsche is a little faster from a stop, but from any passing speed, the base Model X beats them both, as it beats the Audi and Bmw from a stop as well.

Last edited:
What is your source?

0-601/4 mile0-1000-12030-5050-70
2022 Model X LR3.311.88.313.01.32.1
2022 Audi SQ73.512.09.116.82.63.0
2022 BMW X6 M3.612.09.0
2022 Lambo Urus3.211.47.6~122.43.2

Only the Lambo Urus is a little faster from a stop, but from any passing speed, the base Model X smokes the Urus, as it beats all the others from a stop as well.

Yes this is what I believed. And the Urus was enough to push me over the top to change my order to Plaid, which I've got an EDD within the next week or so. Have you or anyone seen any reviews on handling with the refresh Palladium Model X versus the others?

Reactions: mangrove79
What is your source?

Tesla?

Screen Shot 2022-05-08 at 12.45.08.png

0-601/4 mile0-10030-5050-70
Model X LR3.311.88.31.32.1
Audi SQ73.512.09.12.63.0
BMW X6 M3.612.09.0
Lambo Urus3.211.47.62.43.2
Porsche Cayenne Turbo S E-hybrid3.211.57.81.92.3

Only the Lambo and Porsche is a little faster from a stop, but from any passing speed, the base Model X beats them both, as it beats the Audi and Bmw from a stop as well.

Does anyone also know about handling/feel of the refresh model X specifically versus the others? Since the refresh suspension is so much more tricked out now, I'd love to hear if there are any comparisons out there.

Car and driver found it faster. Tesla marketing desires to show a difference between Plaid and nonPlaid. So non Plaid doesn't get the 1 foot rollout and other shenanigans probably. Better to use actual testing in magazines or on Dragy.

Also 0-60 is less meaningful metric and now more a function of traction and road conditions. 1/4 mile is better metric. or at least 1/8 mile.