Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone know other Tesla Secret Codes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently drove a P100D that you could change the settings like that, but there was not need for a code. You just hit the tesla symbol and select the version of the car that you what to use. I can only see this being useful to a salesman to show the differ in power and up sell you. Why would you ever downgrade your 100 to anything else.
The code had already been entered. It’s a simple toggle that persists until disabled.

I'm curious, why would an owner of a 90 or 100 want to "dumb" their car down with that code?
Better range, or lower energy consumption would be a reason. I once drove on valet mode for the day to try it out, I noticed a much higher predicted range. I would love to see a “super eco-mode” setting for those trips to areas without many charging options. Can throttle back the acceleration and cap top KW draw. Instead of using hypermiling techniques.

Last edited:
Better range, or lower energy consumption would be a reason. I once drove on valet mode for the day to try it out, I noticed a much higher predicted range. I would love to see a “super eco-mode” setting for those trips to areas without many charging options. Can throttle back the acceleration and cap top KW draw. Instead of using hypermiling techniques.
interesting concept. bringing down the full power in exchange for better range? I wonder what the guys of tesla would say?

interesting concept. bringing down the full power in exchange for better range? I wonder what the guys of tesla would say?
Technically, you should be able to do that today by enabling range mode and being gentle on the accelerator. If you can't control your foot, then you may benefit from making the car limit how much power it's willing to give you. Any trim is capable of giving you more power than you need to drive efficiently. Nothing you can adjust will recoup the efficiency loss due to the heavier battery though.

I had them limit the P100D I drove to a 100D, because I wanted to know how the car was going to respond when I was passing on the freeway or punching it at a light.

I don’t see where to do this anymore, there’s no “T” at the top of my menu (latest update 2016 model X).

I want to let someone use my car but lower the performance from P100DL to something reasonable that they won’t destroy my car 😇

I don’t see where to do this anymore, there’s no “T” at the top of my menu (latest update 2016 model X).
I want to let someone use my car but lower the performance from P100DL to something reasonable that they won’t destroy my car 😇
This is a thread from SIX years ago. You could put the car in Chill mode and apply a speed limit, but it can be easily reset.