Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone know other Tesla Secret Codes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I test drove a Model S yesterday, and during the drive the salesperson activated a hidden performance modulator. We were driving a P100D, and there was an option on the Tesla screen where you could select 100D, 75D, 75 etc, and the car would mimic that battery and motor config. I asked the rep if that's specific software, and he said no, they just enter the word "performance" under that "secret code" area (the one where you hold the T at the top screen for 5 seconds, then it asks you for a secret code).

I thought that was cool and wonder what other secret codes there are. Once I got back to our Model X, I tried typing "performance" on it, but nothing happened. We have a 75D Model X, so there is no lower performance config than that one, so it makes sense that it wouldn't work in this case, but I'm wondering to the people on here, can you do it on your cars, and also, do you know any other codes that can be typed in?

Hi all,

I test drove a Model S yesterday, and during the drive the salesperson activated a hidden performance modulator. We were driving a P100D, and there was an option on the Tesla screen where you could select 100D, 75D, 75 etc, and the car would mimic that battery and motor config. I asked the rep if that's specific software, and he said no, they just enter the word "performance" under that "secret code" area (the one where you hold the T at the top screen for 5 seconds, then it asks you for a secret code).

I thought that was cool and wonder what other secret codes there are. Once I got back to our Model X, I tried typing "performance" on it, but nothing happened. We have a 75D Model X, so there is no lower performance config than that one, so it makes sense that it wouldn't work in this case, but I'm wondering to the people on here, can you do it on your cars, and also, do you know any other codes that can be typed in?

Hi all,

That is such a gimmicky bull$hit thing he did, and honestly a little rude. You'll never be able to do that yourself, nor is it relevant. Infact, he might as well have said "this is how we charge people more money when they trade their cars in and we resell them".

That is such a gimmicky bull$hit thing he did, and honestly a little rude. You'll never be able to do that yourself, nor is it relevant. Infact, he might as well have said "this is how we charge people more money when they trade their cars in and we resell them".
Actually, it works in production cars too. However, as noted, you might need to have a higher version in the first place (if you have absolutely lowest model there is nowhere you are allowed to toggle).
Tesla 'Performance Mode' Easter Egg Lets You Toggle Between Vehicles

A non-Performance car cannot be turned into a Performance car with faster acceleration times by entering a code.

I see nothing wrong with Tesla being able to use their showroom demonstrator Performance level cars in various modes that emulate lower performance models. That's a useful capability for sales purposes.
Hi all,

I recently drove a P100D that you could change the settings like that, but there was not need for a code. You just hit the tesla symbol and select the version of the car that you what to use. I can only see this being useful to a salesman to show the differ in power and up sell you. Why would you ever downgrade your 100 to anything else.

Reactions: Rossy
You posted the same thing in a different forum. Does anyone know Tesla Secret Codes?
Hi all,

• Funny
Reactions: Peteybabes