Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone know what the plan is for more audio command in the M3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It seems to me we barely have any audio commands compared to what is possible and desirable for safety and convenience. Had anyone heard about improvements coming? I'd like to be able to say, "Tesla. Set temperature to 72", or "Tesla: Set speed to 70", etc... It seems you should be able to run the whole car by voice almost.

Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
My gut feeling, voice activation/commands is extremely low priority for Tesla. From a technical standpoint, adding more voice commands is most likely extremely trivial. But my guess is Tesla has analytics on how often voice activation/commands are being used and they probably having statistics of how much it's actually being used with the rest of the automotive industry... (Hint: Extremely underutilized.)

They probably have most of their engineers working on other stuff at the moment. But one of these days, I'm sure out of the blue with no warning, they'll start adding a ton of new functionality to the voice activation system in an update.