Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone know what this strap is?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Freewheeler

Vendor
Supporting Member
May 22, 2020
New York
It was under the rear seat, towards the middle, which I found after removing the bottom cushion trying to troubleshoot the back seat rustling sound. It wasn't attached to anything. The center strip is an elastic band.

Attachments

• IMG_0300.JPG
    IMG_0300.JPG
    660 KB · Views: 136
I recently got the 7 seater, and it also had that same loose strap, which I found when getting into the 3rd row. In looking at that second row, I was thinking it could be related to the seat belt, but everything seems to work fine without it. I left it on the ground for now. I am scheduled to go to a service center next week and will ask them what it's for.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Upvote 0
It's to retain the rear seat in the event of a crash. There are similar straps on the headliner if the side air curtains deploy. Keeps things from flying around.
I'm not sure that's it. The ends are plastic and the elastic is heat welded to them so they won't retain anything in a crash. I think the two ends clip to each other, so maybe just a sort of bungee cord type of thing. There is something in the parts catalog in that area that I don't see on mine, but there are no parts numbers or descriptions and the diagram is nondescript. I was wondering if it was the cause for the rear seat rustling sound.

Upvote 0
I recently got the 7 seater, and it also had that same loose strap, which I found when getting into the 3rd row. In looking at that second row, I was thinking it could be related to the seat belt, but everything seems to work fine without it. I left it on the ground for now. I am scheduled to go to a service center next week and will ask them what it's for.
Hi. Did you figure out what it was? I do have the same configuration and just found this under the seat too.

Upvote 0