Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone NOT have a second (ICE) car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wow, I did not know that, is there a place where I can confirm this?

I don't believe it's a national program, but it's available through many dealers, currently called "Go the Distance". Search the web for "Nissan LEAF Go the Distance" and you'll see a number of dealers that are promoting it. The dealer mentioned it when I took a LEAF test drive last fall.

Edit: fine print shows the Go the Distance was a promotion that has ended. Not sure if they have a similar offer anymore.

My model S 60 is my only (running) car. I have a 1986 Shelby GLHS (for sale BTW) which is not very road worthy at the moment (all original, including the 1986 tires). I have a pickup truck I use to plow my driveway, but it doesn't leave the driveway. I get everywhere I need to go in my Model S. I regularly drive all the way to Rhinelander WI, about 300 miles (with one stop at a supercharger).

I originally kept my '08 Honda Civic SI, but after it never left my garage for 3 months after getting my MS, I sold it. It was very foolish of me NOT to sell my Honda and throw that extra cash towards a 85kwh battery.

My wife still has an 2007 Honda Civic ICE. She is driving 200 miles three days a week (school at UGA), and it still only has 60k miles on it. When it finally gets unreliable (probably another 60k+ miles) she is going to get an EV.

And when I said her Honda would get unreliable after another 60k miles I meant it would become completely worthless within the month :cursing:. It actually had just shy of 75k miles, and Honda doesn't seem to care that her Civic needs a new engine after some catastrophic failure.

Needless to say (it goes without saying we'll never buy a Honda product ever again) we are going whole hog EV and getting a Ford Focus Electric (95% sure) at the end of the month. And will be ICE free. For the next week (and past two weeks) I am borrowing my friends pickup (~12mpg :eek:) when my wife has to drive.

Within a week of her driving the Model S every day she was fully hooked on electric drive. That and all the mechanical bits that fell apart in her engine block driving home from school also put her off of ICEs.

And when I said her Honda would get unreliable after another 60k miles I meant it would become completely worthless within the month :cursing:. It actually had just shy of 75k miles, and Honda doesn't seem to care that her Civic needs a new engine after some catastrophic failure.

Needless to say (it goes without saying we'll never buy a Honda product ever again) we are going whole hog EV and getting a Ford Focus Electric (95% sure) at the end of the month. And will be ICE free. For the next week (and past two weeks) I am borrowing my friends pickup (~12mpg :eek:) when my wife has to drive.

Within a week of her driving the Model S every day she was fully hooked on electric drive. That and all the mechanical bits that fell apart in her engine block driving home from school also put her off of ICEs.

Hey, that'll be great: two American EVs in your garage. If you go with the FFE, let us know what you think over in the "Other Electric Vehicles" forum. Seems like a nice little short commute/errand car.

I kept the ICE around for a few months after I picked up my Model S, but it just sat there collecting pigeon droppings, sap, and other things. When I decided to sell it, I couldn't drive it because the 12V battery was dead. I eventually found a buyer and haven't looked back. I'd say 90+% of my trips are within range of my car never needing a supercharger. I'm lucky that I live in California for the other 10%.

Up until now, I've kept my 2004 Dodge RAM since I bought the Model S a year ago. My garage is a few feet too narrow to fit both of them comfortably simultaneously so it's been parked on the street, and I've barely driven it since I picked up the MS. I'm leaning heavily towards retiring it before the registration comes due again in a few months, which will make the MS my only car.

The Model S is not my only car. I also have a Roadster :smile:

TwoTeslas.jpg

Reactions: ChrgdTeCHick