Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone regret their purchase?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m going to be looking to buy MX in the next month and I been noticing that the used model x prices are plummeting and I seen some ridiculous deals right now for example 52k for 2016 MX 90D supercharging included as well as fsd and 6 seater. What is going on?? Anyone can share what they paid just 1-2 months ago?

Reactions: SeaNile
I’m going to be looking to buy MX in the next month and I been noticing that the used model x prices are plummeting and I seen some ridiculous deals right now for example 52k for 2016 MX 90D supercharging included as well as fsd and 6 seater. What is going on?? Anyone can share what they paid just 1-2 months ago?

No regret for me even if later models are better and cheaper or the used ones fall in prices. I paid for what I wanted at that time with that price so it's perfectly fair and square.

No regrets here. I bought a used 2013 M85 from Tesla Used division. It was in pristine condition, 30K miles, and was the flagship of its day. MS has come a long way since my MS was made, but I love my car, and have no regrets. I have learned a lot about Tesla, about EV's, and am formulating my next move, which will probably be a M3P, or maybe an MYP, but I am happy with my MS85 right now. Tesla has been very good to me as far as service. I've only taken it in for a few things, but they covered it all under warranty except for an alignment, which it didn't really need but I felt like it did... Sure, I kinda wish now I'd bought a newer model, maybe a post-facelift 90D at least, with AP and air suspension, but I am fine without those for now.

On the subject of the "next vehicle" - why the M3 or MY instead of an new MS?? I spend about 95% of the miles I drive alone in the car, and for the other 5% there's usually only 2 of us, RARELY a 3rd or 4th person. Seriously, I can count how many times someone has been in the back seat. So, it makes no sense to have a car that big and heave for one person to mostly go back and forth to work. A smaller, lighter, more efficient car makes good sense. I think Tesla has moved on from the MS and the MX... the M3 and MY are the vehicles of their immediate future. The battery technology of the MS/MX is old and inferior, the AP/FSD hardware is behind the curve compared with the M3/MY. Those are my main reasons, Size/effeiciency, Batter tech, AP/FSD tech.... oh, and cost.

I will be forever in love with my MS, and I would love a new MS Performance, but I think that unless they change to a new battery technology, the MS/MX will become an obsolete niche model.

The main reason used prices are dropping is because NEW prices are plummeting. The car I paid 112,500 to buy less than 2 years ago, I can now buy for 95,000, and has 30% greater range and new features. The only regret I have now? Is I can’t GO anywhere except the grocery store <sigh>. Other than that, none whatsoever.

Reactions: wreighven
i purchased my X about a month ago. been on the market looking for 5-6 months including other SUVs like the BMW X7M, etc.

i have zero regrets in getting my X. it was configured exactly the way i wanted, the previous owner was a joy to work with and getting to know, it was a local purchase, my kids love it, it has more to offer as we explore it every day.

i would have been irritated if i jumped on an X that was not how i wanted it configured. so hold to what you want in your X before you compromise on price, etc.

Reactions: wreighven
Purchased our 2020 X a month ago and LOVE it. 0 regrets so far! We also have a 3 and without a doubt prefer the X. The only thing I hate is the location of the driver center console. It is about the most worthless design I've seen in a car being so far pushed back with the cup holders also being so far back. If you use the cup holders, good luck using the arm rest.

That's pretty minor but my one and only complaint. I really am curious who approved that terrible design for so long. The model 3 center console/arm rest and cupholders are perfectly located, in comparison.

And not to mention, I’m expecting a flood of 2017 lease returns to hit the market around June/July. I wonder what Tesla will do with them in terms of pricing. They aren’t invincible and are just as vulnerable as all the other car dealers.

I might have regretted this here purchase, but never that "there" purchase.

As far as "their" purchase, I have not. I hate the gull wing doors because they inhibit roof top carrying, but so far the vehicle has been enjoyable for my family and me. There have been some issues, and the vehicle has its quirks, but I have not regretted.

Annoyed at times...yes. Disappointed that I paid for FSD and it is not here...YES. Regret, NO.

2017 P100D Ludicrous+

I’m just saying it’s inevitable that Tesla will be forced to price aggressively. I’m just trying to help others because i almost made this very mistake and just amazed how low prices keep going. Last time I checked there is no vaccine to covid19

I’m just saying it’s inevitable that Tesla will be forced to price aggressively. I’m just trying to help others because i almost made this very mistake and just amazed how low prices keep going. Last time I checked there is no vaccine to covid19

Covid-19 is the new Polio, Measles, Smallpox, Rabies... Somehow our society thrived. In the 1950's we developed vaccines and antibiotics and we got soft. We need to harden up real fast, because Mother Nature is once again gaining the upper hand.

COVID-19 is scary, but I know my family history. My (and everyone's) ancestors survived worse. Every family had a story about a child dying from illness. In the early 1800's the average lifespan in GB was less than 35.

If you don't need a car now, don't buy one until the economy opens back up. Who knows what prices will do? If they discover a vaccine tomorrow prices will jump. If this crisis is like the 1918 flu, it will last for 2 years. There is no predicting.

In the mean time, stay healthy, stay safe, and be well.

I agree. If vaccine is found tomorrow prices will go up. Reality is that vaccine earliest would be 2021 sometime. If you can wait, deffinitly do so. I know someone who pull the trigger on a model s got a great deal 2 weeks ago, and he wanted to see his trade in value and Tesla offered him $5200 less smh

The service manager at my local Tesla SC suggested the newer the X you can get the better. It was groundbreaking in a lot of ways but that also came with a lot of learning along the way. Even my 2019 X 100D had(has) it's issues. Mostly minor nitpicky stuff but a few more involved issues. Most annoying thus far was the "phantom obstacle" preventing the Falcon Wings from opening. There was a push to override but that *doesn't function* with child locks on (yeah, now we know). It's my wife's daily driver and she still loves the thing despite the myriad of small issues.

So much regret here, bought my 2016 75D MX 6 seater, MCU 1, AP2 this past Jan. Had another deposit for a 2018 75 MX 5 seater. Chose the 2016 X because of the 6 seater. Bought it for 65K and thought i got a good deal as people mentioned that late 16s are a "unicorn". Now, with the MCU 2 upgrade at 2500 and FSD at another 7k, thats an additional 10k im going to have to spend to future proof my car, plus i don't have free supercharging. With the prices dropping everyday, i am really considering selling or trading mine in and just taking the loss for at least a 17 or 18 100D six seater that already has FSD.

Other then the price and value, i love my X and everything it offers, just hate seeing prices keep dropping.

So much regret here, bought my 2016 75D MX 6 seater, MCU 1, AP2 this past Jan. Had another deposit for a 2018 75 MX 5 seater. Chose the 2016 X because of the 6 seater. Bought it for 65K and thought i got a good deal as people mentioned that late 16s are a "unicorn". Now, with the MCU 2 upgrade at 2500 and FSD at another 7k, thats an additional 10k im going to have to spend to future proof my car, plus i don't have free supercharging. With the prices dropping everyday, i am really considering selling or trading mine in and just taking the loss for at least a 17 or 18 100D six seater that already has FSD.

Other then the price and value, i love my X and everything it offers, just hate seeing prices keep dropping.

Why is it considered a unicorn? Thanks