Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone think MCU1 is fine?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Im still waiting for my FSD and MCU2 upgrade. Had service appointment 7/23. Showed up at SC, sorry parts are not in yet. Didn't inform me before driving over there (30 miles away). Ok, set a new appointment for 8/11. .....
That morning I tried to contact ANYONE to find out if parts were in or not, finally got a reply from SC tech who texted me last time. No, parts not in yet.
ARGGGG
So, now I have an appointment for 9/9. Last parts email I got says Shpping:pending, still.
Is this a difficult thing for anyone else?

Years ago, the first of us waiting for our cars to even go into production the wait was months. And then when started we started fretting about when we would get them. We coined our own term for that feeling Teslanxiety. I think it applies again while waiting for parts and getting the MCU2 upgrade. So, we know Tes-Xactly how you feel.

Has anyone successfully negotiated a discount on the MCU2 upgrade in the event their MCU1 fails under warranty? I would be happy to pay for a discounted MCU2 instead of a free warranty replacement MCU1. I have a hard time paying the full $2500 for the upgrade when that ultimately saves Tesla money on a warranty repair. Just $500 off would be fair since I think that's about what it costs them to fix MCU1.

Has anyone successfully negotiated a discount on the MCU2 upgrade in the event their MCU1 fails under warranty? I would be happy to pay for a discounted MCU2 instead of a free warranty replacement MCU1. I have a hard time paying the full $2500 for the upgrade when that ultimately saves Tesla money on a warranty repair. Just $500 off would be fair since I think that's about what it costs them to fix MCU1.
Good luck, but I suggest $2500 upgrade will make you VERY happy, it's not that hard of time on the MX you own. Just do it.