TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Does anyone tip Tesla valets?

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by GreenT, May 4, 2017.

1. GreenT

GreenT Member

When a valet "flat-beds" your car to you from service, does anyone ever tip them?

Is it encouraged? A no-no? I have gotten to "know" my valet quite well after having him pick up and drop off my car more times than he and I can count over the past 3 months ... very nice guy.

But then it got me to thinking ... does he think I'm cheap??? As I have never tipped him.

If yes, what is the appropriate amount ... he drives 130 miles one way to get to me. Is that relevant?

2. idoco

idoco Member

Yes. Usually $20 when they return it.

3. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

Nope, delivering the cars is their job.

• Like x 2
  4. Jays200

Jays200 Member

Coming from Australia and having visited the USA a few times, I fundamentally disagree with the practice/concept of tipping.

If any tipping was to occur IMO it should be for exceptional service, not just any or good service and it certainly shouldn't be a mechanism to boost wages or avoid taxes.

5. GreenT

GreenT Member

A completely different subject.

6. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

I have actually wondered about this for the couple of busy superchargers I have heard of that have a valet service now. I don't normally carry cash, but I suppose I could on a road trip if needed.

7. GreenT

GreenT Member

Valet service at a SC? Not following. To do what?

8. DOCAL

DOCAL Member

The San Mateo supercharger has a valet, you can leave your keys with them and they'll move your car once it's charged.

9. bakerboy

bakerboy Member

What about a mobile tint guy? Tip or no tip?

10. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

Fwiw: different counties, different rules. While in Japan I never tipped since it was not part of the culture. In Au (as I'm sure you know) the wages are higher for service staff so tipping is less required.

However in the States tipping is a core part of most service persons income. So, dip into your pocket and please tip fairly.

11. DOCAL

DOCAL Member

IMG_0715.JPG