Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone use Geico insurance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my car insurance on my Model S (picking up on Monday). I'm gobsmacked at how cheap it is. I called an agent my SO has used in Portland and he found an outstanding rate with Safeco. The policy will fully replace the car in the first two years, includes comprehensive and collision, and some other little things like even covers pets injured in an accident.

I currently just carry the basics and uninsured coverage on my 24 year old Buick (I didn't think collision or comprehensive was worth it) and the new policy for the Tesla is only $280 a year more than my Buick's insurance and the car is worth $98K more. I'm pretty happy about that.

I got similar quotes an Safeco from both AAA and this agent, but I like working with this agent. For anyone in Oregon or Washington, I'd recommend him.

Be warned I'm arguing with Safeco about repairs now. I was rear ended a month or so ago. It appears that only the bumper needs to be replaced. I have a quote from a Tesla approved shop and they will not honor it. They want me to take it to a shop that they know and will only pay $44 an hour for the paint work. They will not assist me with towing the vehicle to/from the facility.

The repair cost from the approved shop is $1630. My insurance will only cover $869. We'll see how it all turns out, but I would be very cautious. A larger repair would likely be very problematic.

I just got my car insurance on my Model S (picking up on Monday). I'm gobsmacked at how cheap it is. I called an agent my SO has used in Portland and he found an outstanding rate with Safeco. The policy will fully replace the car in the first two years, includes comprehensive and collision, and some other little things like even covers pets injured in an accident.

I currently just carry the basics and uninsured coverage on my 24 year old Buick (I didn't think collision or comprehensive was worth it) and the new policy for the Tesla is only $280 a year more than my Buick's insurance and the car is worth $98K more. I'm pretty happy about that.

I got similar quotes an Safeco from both AAA and this agent, but I like working with this agent. For anyone in Oregon or Washington, I'd recommend him.

For non-frame work, Tesla really has to open up to other shops. The prices that the "approved" shops charge is borderline criminal.

If this is not fixed before the Model 3 is out en mass, this will be a huge deterrent for a lot of the buyers in that price range. Many of us Model S owners are tolerant of this dog and pony show, but people used to BMW 3-series, Audi A4, etc. that have ample choice in their repair shops will not tolerate this and it will generate an avalanche of bad press.