Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone want a $3k discount on an 3YP with FSD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

Last February I made a reservation for a 3YP with 21" wheels, midnight silver metallic paint, white interior and FSD for $69,900. I never ended up using the reservation (it was our 3rd reservation) and now Tesla is saying it will expire on 4/20/21. The same car built today is $72,990 plus delivery fees. If you want to buy my reservation for the $100 I paid for it (assuming you are allowed to transfer it), I'd love to save someone some money.

PM me if you are interested.

Is there an actual car or just the reservation (meaning, they have to car they want to delivery but you don't want to take delivery). Assuming just the reservation, if you transfer it, does it still expire?

...assuming you are allowed to transfer it...

If you read your reservation agreement, it says:

"This Agreement is not transferable or assignable to another party without the prior written approval of a Tesla authorized representative."

I've never heard of a case that a stranger can transfer the reservation to another.

Good luck!

It's just a reservation, not a car. I assume the person would have to use the reservation very soon. Below is the text of the email from Tesla:

We’re contacting you regarding the Model Y you ordered on February 25, 2020 to offer any assistance in bringing your car home. We’re excited to deliver your Model Y at your earliest convenience and welcome you to the Tesla family.​
Your order is set to cancel soon, but if you still intend to take delivery, please contact [email protected] by April 20, 2021.​
If we do not hear from you by this date, we will assume that you no longer wish to purchase a vehicle. Your order will automatically be cancelled and your order fee forfeited.​
Thank you for supporting the world’s transition to sustainable energy.​
Best Regards,
The Tesla Team​

If you read your reservation agreement, it says:

"This Agreement is not transferable or assignable to another party without the prior written approval of a Tesla authorized representative."

I've never heard of a case that a stranger can transfer the reservation to another.

Good luck!

I'm pretty sure I've read about people finding ways around that (or Tesla not caring if it is transferred). Either way, I thought I'd offer it up. No harm if it doesn't work.