Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone want to help me play "will it fit"?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am going to say yes and no. It really depends on your definition of "fit". The rears are going to be tight and may rub the inside of the fender (towards the motor). I had a 10.5 in the rear (+15) and I only had about 5mm of clearance between the tire and inside of the wheel well. You may need a 10mm spacer to push it out far enough to clear. I ran a 265/35 to make it happen.

The fronts will poke a bit at that offset but should fit with no rubbing.

You will definitely need to run a 30 series sidewall tire to pull this off. If you can test fit them please post up your findings. Make sure to srop the air suspension to low and turn the wheel to check for clearance.

FYI - Most vendors will allow you to return the wheels if you don't mount tires on them. Get them and do some test fitting.

Last edited:
The rears are going to be tight and may rub the inside of the fender (towards the motor). I had a 10.5 in the rear (+15) and I only had about 5mm of clearance between the tire and inside of the wheel well. You may need a 10mm spacer to push it out far enough to clear. I ran a 265/35 to make it happen.
nr, can you please double-check the offsets of your wheel with the mfg. On a 10.5" wheel with a +15mm offset, you'll have a TON a clearance on the inside - the same clearance as the stock 8.5" wheel, which has almost 1 full inch inside clearance. Something doesn't add up.

From an offset calculator, i.e. 1010TIRES.COM - Wheel Offset Calculator :

offset.jpg

nr, can you please double-check the offsets of your wheel with the mfg. On a 10.5" wheel with a +15mm offset, you'll have a TON a clearance on the inside - the same clearance as the stock 8.5" wheel, which has almost 1 full inch inside clearance. Something doesn't add up.

From an offset calculator, i.e. 1010TIRES.COM - Wheel Offset Calculator :

View attachment 34105

I can only report on specifically what I saw on my car. When mounted I certainly didn't have an inch of clearance between the back of the hoop to the inside of the wheel well. The wheels were marked by the manufacturer as 10.5 +15 and I didn't measure the wheel itself since it couldn't be changed thus making it a moot point.

In addition, I had the 19s on my car before so I am no familiar with how much space the stock 21s have for backspacing. The factory 19s do have a ton of space.

The wheels were marked by the manufacturer as 10.5 +15.
This makes sense. Many wheel companies manufacture wheels with a thicker pad and then machine it down for the specific application. Can you call the company and ask what offset they use for a 10.5" Tesla application?

And a 10.5 +15 wheel compared to a Tesla 19" wheel... you should have maybe 1" to 1 1/2" between the wheel and inside of the wheel well.