Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone wave anymore?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kudos to the white M3 driver who responded to my raised hand while driving towards Westward Ho! last week. :cool: Only seen one other Tesla (stationary) in Devon in the last 12 days (perhaps because no one in their right minds would bring their Tesla down to these narrow lanes to play chicken with the double-decker buses coming the other way).

• Funny
Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Kudos to the white M3 driver who responded to my raised hand while driving towards Westward Ho! last week. :cool: Only seen one other Tesla (stationary) in Devon in the last 12 days (perhaps because no one in their right minds would bring their Tesla down to these narrow lanes to play chicken with the double-decker buses coming the other way).
Was in Devon and Cornwall last week, I waved at a dozen M3’s and not one wave back, miserable lot! Stayed at the Arundell Arms hotel - the Lifton super charger hotel, did not wave at those charging as I thought this would not count and look a bit weird 😂……my wife has asked me to stop waving now !

• Funny
Reactions: DigbyChicken
Was in Devon and Cornwall last week, I waved at a dozen M3’s and not one wave back, miserable lot! Stayed at the Arundell Arms hotel - the Lifton super charger hotel, did not wave at those charging as I thought this would not count and look a bit weird 😂……my wife has asked me to stop waving now !

I thought the youngsters had stopped waving too but today I noticed a reaction from 2 different pairs of kids who clearly clocked that it was a Tesla and were smiling and pointing ... when they are middle aged they may hanker after an old classic car that they remember from childhood ... could turn out to be a Model 3 ..

I thought the youngsters had stopped waving too but today I noticed a reaction from 2 different pairs of kids who clearly clocked that it was a Tesla and were smiling and pointing ... when they are middle aged they may hanker after an old classic car that they remember from childhood ... could turn out to be a Model 3 ..
That's an excellent point. Tesla recently opened a giant Supercharger station way out in the middle of nowhere on California's Interstate 5 freeway. It's located near a bunch of gas stations. And I'm sure I know what goes on in those gas cars when the kids in them spot the Superchargers: "Mom, dad, can we get a Tesla?" It's only a matter of time.

Altrincham, Greater Manchester has so many around now. Every time I go out, I see about 3 or 4. My eldest daughter's primary school has 4 white Model 3's and a black Model X alone! Only had one person wave back at me here since I bought my car in March 2021.

Looks like it will give you a notification when it senses one. Location scanning is on in the background all the time so yes it should be able to alert you in real time.

Not much use when you're busy driving though really! You do get a noise alert so I guess you can just listen out for it.

I'm guessing this is mine outside. No idea what C stands for though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-21-18-29-33-329_com.toothr.teslaradar.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-21-18-29-33-329_com.toothr.teslaradar.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 56