Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone wave anymore?

DigbyChicken

Apr 7, 2021
Yeovil, Somerset
Kudos to the white M3 driver who responded to my raised hand while driving towards Westward Ho! last week. :cool: Only seen one other Tesla (stationary) in Devon in the last 12 days (perhaps because no one in their right minds would bring their Tesla down to these narrow lanes to play chicken with the double-decker buses coming the other way).

• Funny
Reactions: MichaelP90DL

RoadMap

Sep 23, 2020
Hampshire
Kudos to the white M3 driver who responded to my raised hand while driving towards Westward Ho! last week. :cool: Only seen one other Tesla (stationary) in Devon in the last 12 days (perhaps because no one in their right minds would bring their Tesla down to these narrow lanes to play chicken with the double-decker buses coming the other way).
Was in Devon and Cornwall last week, I waved at a dozen M3’s and not one wave back, miserable lot! Stayed at the Arundell Arms hotel - the Lifton super charger hotel, did not wave at those charging as I thought this would not count and look a bit weird 😂……my wife has asked me to stop waving now !

• Funny
Reactions: DigbyChicken

Adopado

Aug 19, 2019
Scotland
Was in Devon and Cornwall last week, I waved at a dozen M3’s and not one wave back, miserable lot! Stayed at the Arundell Arms hotel - the Lifton super charger hotel, did not wave at those charging as I thought this would not count and look a bit weird 😂……my wife has asked me to stop waving now !

I thought the youngsters had stopped waving too but today I noticed a reaction from 2 different pairs of kids who clearly clocked that it was a Tesla and were smiling and pointing ... when they are middle aged they may hanker after an old classic car that they remember from childhood ... could turn out to be a Model 3 ..

MichaelP90DL

Apr 19, 2019
Lancaster, CA
I thought the youngsters had stopped waving too but today I noticed a reaction from 2 different pairs of kids who clearly clocked that it was a Tesla and were smiling and pointing ... when they are middle aged they may hanker after an old classic car that they remember from childhood ... could turn out to be a Model 3 ..
That's an excellent point. Tesla recently opened a giant Supercharger station way out in the middle of nowhere on California's Interstate 5 freeway. It's located near a bunch of gas stations. And I'm sure I know what goes on in those gas cars when the kids in them spot the Superchargers: "Mom, dad, can we get a Tesla?" It's only a matter of time.

Jagdipa

Jan 17, 2021
Manchester, uk
Altrincham, Greater Manchester has so many around now. Every time I go out, I see about 3 or 4. My eldest daughter's primary school has 4 white Model 3's and a black Model X alone! Only had one person wave back at me here since I bought my car in March 2021.

Traguar

Jan 20, 2020
London
If you were the blue model s, who waved in Godstone today, I was the white model 3 you waved at. Sorry for waving back too late but it was the end of a long trip and I was too stunned that someone waved at me first!

Reactions: Beady3647

Durzel

Jul 17, 2019
Bath, UK
A guy in a white M3 with a stripe on waved at me just outside Dilton Marsh yesterday, and I was fiddling around with the music so didn’t notice in time and could only manage a nod. Sorry!

Mr Miserable

Supporting Member
Jul 8, 2019
UK
I wonder whether the TeslaRadar app can give you advance warning of an approaching Tesla? I don't have an Android device to test it.

Nick77

Deep Blue Model 3 LR (2021 MIC)
Mar 15, 2020
Burton-on-Trent
Looks like it will give you a notification when it senses one. Location scanning is on in the background all the time so yes it should be able to alert you in real time.

Not much use when you're busy driving though really! You do get a noise alert so I guess you can just listen out for it.

I'm guessing this is mine outside. No idea what C stands for though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-21-18-29-33-329_com.toothr.teslaradar.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-08-21-18-29-33-329_com.toothr.teslaradar.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 10

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC